Why is the battery life on my Note 4 so terrible?

wmcanally

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Battery life note 4

This is the worst phone for battery life I've owned. I've dimed the display. Installed a battery saver. Moderate use I get 4 hours. Bought another new oem battery. Same results. Help

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery life note 4

Can we get more info? How long have you had the phone? What version of Android? Did the problem just start?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

wmcanally

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

The phone is 6 months old. The verison is the lollipop. My wife's s5 battery has suffered since that update as well. Just not as bad as mine

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

With how major the lollipop update was it's best to backup all your data and do a factory reset. There are a lot of "cobwebs" left over from the update and the best way to clear them is to reset all data and system files. I know it sounds like a pain but it really goes rather well.

OTA updates leave a lot to be desired as its just not the best way to update any software with major changes. That's why all other OS's always wipe all data and do a fresh install

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I'll do that. Thank you very much
Let us know how it works. It will take a couple of days for the battery to settle in so if it's still a little rough right at first don't be alarmed.