Why is my battery life is draining so fast?

kaylapy

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I have had this galaxy s5 for about a month now, and I have used and installed Dodol Launcher, then went with Go Launcher Z (I have used this before) and after that, my battery started to drain so fast. I have uninstalled and disabled apps I don't use and turned off animations, installed Clean Master and Battery Doctor, but nothing helps. On my Battery in my settings it gives out Android System 8% (this has increased by 3% in the past hour), Screen 8% (even when I always put it to its lowest), Android OS 6% (went from 0 to 6%), Chrome 5% (disabled internet), Go Launcher Z 3%, Google Play Services 2%,Media Server 1%, Viki 1% (app), and Cell Standby 1%. I have no idea what Android System, Android OS, Media Server, and Cell Standby is, but I need help in fixing these. I usually charge my phone when it is 0% and take it out when it is 100%, but I don't use it right away. I know there are many questions like this in the forums, but none of them helped or answered my question. But please help asap!! My phone has never drained so much in an hour (50% battery drained). And even when I listen to my music on my SD Card, the battery would even drain up to 20% in just one hour use. I do not know how to fix this, so please help!! And also, the battery will drain 2-3% when I am not using it, but it all started to drain after installing Go Launcher Z. Is that possibly the reason why my battery is draining?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would be helpful to actually see the battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey