Occasionally the battery, especially when below, say, 70, won't charge. What should I do?

A

AC Question

Occasionally the battery, especially when below, say, 70%, won't charge

I have gone through this before. I have change chargers, cables, etc. Usually the phone charges, but when it stall, it's a major-- issue. I currently use a replacement cable and the original charger. It's stuck around 35%. I am thinking it is the connectors, but am curious if others have a similar issue. Online searches are hit and miss. Usually they mention that the phone is dead and won't turn on. That is not the case here. From settings, the major user of power is the Screen by far. Any suggestions. Mine is the SM-T805, or unlocked international edition, less than a year old. I am back in the U.S. for family illness, so my receipts are back in my apartment in Asia where I worked, so I can't use Samsung warranty for free--but I love this phablet so much I am willing to pay for repairs. Suggestions? Thanks.

PS Love the reCAPTCHA checkbox!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Occasionally the battery, especially when below, say, 70%, won't charge

Welcome to Android Central! Since you've already tried different cables and chargers, the remaining possibilities include a faulty microUSB port or a failing battery. Either way, you'd have to bring it to a repair shop or a Samsung service center.