Why is my Note 4 note properly reading battery percentage?

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok so.... I have a Note 4 with T-Mobile. I recently have had 3 in the past month because of software and hardware issues. I also purchased what I thought was an "OEM" battery, which upon further investigation was not. When I put that battery in each one, it only says it charged to 86%. Then I put my original battery and it would charge to 88% if I charged it from a low percentage. Now I purchased another battery, from Anker since I read a lot of good things about them. This one seems to teeter between 44 or 48% and if I take it out it charges properly. Same as with the other two batteries, if Itake them out they will show a higher or even full percentage then charge properly unless charging from a low percentage. Is there any solutions? Not sure if it's the phone since the same thing has happened in all 3 of them. Sorry for the lengthy description. I know the batteries charge, but it is a pain to take off my otterbox and take the battery out to show the true charge. Thanks in Advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You may have to calibrate the phone's battery software. Let the phone charge overnight on a wall outlet (which will hopefully bring it up to 100%). Then use it until it shuts off due to low battery. Recharge again all the way to 100%, and then repeat the cycle 3 times. Then see if the battery monitor is more accurate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7