Did my battery cause the internal damage to my phone?

A

AC Question

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Mini. It was without its original battery when it was given to me (from Hong Kong) but he insisted that I should use the available battery (imitation). The phone would not last for long hours and would turn off.

I kept using it when I started to notice that the phone would heat up easily until it would neither charge nor turn on anymore. So I took out the battery for weeks and tried it again and it surprisingly responded. Until 15 minutes later, it died again.

I tried replacing the battery but it didn't respond. It doesn't charge or turn on. The technician I had consulted with said the battery damaged my phone and that I might as well buy another one.

I can't easily buy another phone because here in my country because the phones are very expensive. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this problem? Please help. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the new battery a genuine one? Did you plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge for at least 4-6 hours undisturbed before trying to power the phone on again?