Nexus 5 battery issues, how can I fix them?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5 battery issues

My phone is running fine but battery is not the worst part I sleep with 50% battery and when I wake up its 15% or less I don't know without any usage how can this happen I rebooted my phone with 50-70% battery and when my phone started battery was 13%.Battery drains super quickly my shuts down with low battery and when I restart my phone 5-6% battery is still there please help me is there any issue with my battery or is it a software issue. Everything was fine but after the marshmallow update these things started

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 battery issues

Do you have anything running that could be keeping the device from entering deep sleep? Take a look at the battery stats and see if there is anything consuming battery that shouldn't. If not, then it could be a software issue - try a factory reset and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then it could be an issue with the condition of the battery. If that's the case then you need to have it replaced.

pmcdee27

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 5 was also giving me battery life problems.

I noticed that after charging to 100%, on switching off and restarting the phone the charge immediately dropped significantly. So I charged again, and repeated the process, the loss was a little less. It took maybe half a dozen times to get the loss to be negligible on a restart. Now my phone has a full useable charge again without the need for doing anything drastic. It looks to me like it's a problem with something not resetting in Marshmallow, as this didn't happen with Lollipop.

Whether it's relevant or not, I was charging with a wireless charger. I'm using the original charger now just to be on the safe side. Having said that, the wireless charger is an official Nexus device, so it really should work.

Hoping this might help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781