My phone is charging, but the battery percentage keeps changing. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

My phone is charging, but the battery percentage keeps changing

I am Charging my phone, but the batter percentage goes from like 21% to 17% then 6% then shuts off, what is happening? and how can I fix it?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: My phone is charging, but the battery percentage keeps changing

Hi, it doesn't sound like the phone is charging. Have you tried using an alternative charger / power outlet to see if that helps? can your remove the battery from your phone, if so, can you replace the battery with a new one?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

The other possibility is that the phone is using more power than the charger can supply, so the battery is just discharging slower when you plug the charger in.

You can use Ampere to see what's actually going on when you charge the phone. If plugging in the charger doesn't change anything, the phone.s not charging - that could be the phone or the charger (or the cable, if it's a separate cable). If it changes, but it's still discharging, either there's a problem with the phone, you're using a charger that doesn't have enough capacity (the one that came with the phone should) or there's a problem with the charger.

Xerrox

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

Sometimes your phone does not accurately read the battery percentage so the phone may think the battery is dead, even when it isn't. Apparently to fix this you can run the battery all the way down then charge it all the way up and repeat. It may not work but it's worth trying.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski