Is my battery life normal?

A

AC Question

I have galaxy s5 on lolipop 5.0 It is verizon sm-g900v
My battery on low screen brightness and WiFi browsing lasts for about ( 4 hours screen on time). Is this normal or I have a problem? I will appreciate any help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please post screenshots after you've used the battery down to 20%, not down by​ 20%. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoops--I think I may have originally missed those screenshots of the battery down to 5%. Sorry about that!

I can't see anything that stands out. 4 hours of total screen-on time seems like it might be a little on the low side for an S5, but I don't have direct experience with that phone, so I can't be sure. Did you ever get closer to 5 hours SOT when the phone was newer?

It might be worth trying a new battery. When do you typically recharge the battery--when it hits around 30%, or do you regularly let it shut off on its own due to low battery? If the latter, that can shorten the battery's overall lifespan. Lithium batteries generally should not be discharge deeply on a regular basis.

Khaled Mahmoud1

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks bro for your answer.
Actually the phone is new. It is almost one month of using .
I don't remember that I reached 5 hours of SOT. My average is about 4 hours on low screen brightness and sometimes I got less than 4 hours.
And yes I usually recharge the battery when it comes below 10% and sometimes I drain it totally and then putting my phone on a charger.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer