Note 3: Battery life dramatically decreased?

Mrs Archie

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I've had my note 3 coming up on 2 years, (still in perfect condition, aren't andriods great? Lol) and even though phablets are notorious for short battery life mines always lasted about 36 hours with regular use. Recently, out of nowhere my battery is down to the teens by the middle of the day and seems to use more battery when I'm NOT using it than when I am. Is my phone just old and needs a new battery? Note worthy things, I use (and have for like ever) my old blackberry charger since my phones broke. Also there's been a microphone icon at the top of my screen for like a week now, on my drop down list or says music and I'm unable to swipe it away. Thanks!

While I'm starting a thread I thought I'd ask, my phones almost paid off and Im switching from AT&T to Verizon so, yay, new phone! I so badly want the Note 5, but what are the differences between the note 4 & 5? Just in case I can't afford the 5 just yet, cus I definitely wanna stay in the galaxy family.
~Kat

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 5 vs Note 4

Pro
-no Bluetooth audio skipping issue on the note 5
-fingerprint scanner is much better. No swiping required
-no recent menu lag
-no gallery lag
-can double press home button to open camera
-overall feels more fluid
-camera particularly low light is improved
-Curved back and slimmer frame makes it easier to hold
-note 5 allows for 8 notifications in the notification bar, note 4 allows 6.

Con
-no sd card
-non removable battery
-in direct sunlight in auto brightness, there is a streak running top to bottom on the screen. This isn't seen in situations not in direct sunlight.

Mrs Archie

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Dpham,
Thanks for the info and link! I'm so stoked to upgrade. 399 is a bit much, though. I don't know Verizon's contracts but hopefully I can afford the 5.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I just factory reset my note 3 and my battery improved dramatically. My ram usage issues were corrected and I'm beyond pleased.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mrs Archie

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I should do that but I dread the thought of setting up and logging in to all my apps again.

Same here. I know factory reseting can fix like, anything, but def not an option for me lol. Way too many pictures of my daughter, games I'm 2 years into that can't be transferred, etc etc. Way too much work. Bleh.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I know factory reseting can fix like, anything, but def not an option for me lol. Way too many pictures of my daughter, games I'm 2 years into that can't be transferred, etc etc. Way too much work. Bleh.
There are many options to back up music, photos, any media. I understand the game time loss lol. What I found to realize after the factory reset is how many apps I had that I WASN'T using..

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae