How to recondition an old tablet battery?

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I have an old galaxy tab 2 that has a dying and sometimes lasts very shortly, sometimes it improves and then just gets worse. This is especially irritating since the overclocking makes the decreased capacity feel worse. Any ideas on how to fox this or should i just retire the tablet when it completely dies.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Tablet to old. I anyway don't use it as much since the SoC is pretty much obsolete and it is not worth getting a new battery (my parents say the same). I will be getting a new tablet this summer and I only need this tablet because it has all my data on it's SD card and my phone has no SD slot. It seems to have regained some life, but is still not as good as it should be. Any ideas on how to get some life back or should i just turn the tab into a WiFi SD reader?

BayK

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
You can use it with a charging cable if it is acceptable.
If you have docking station, you can always use it in dock with charging

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. I used it for a while on the charging cable. I then ended up leaving it turned off and on the charger for an entire morning a got a nearly full battery. A few charges later the battery is lasting much longer. This makes me think that the voltage got to low at some point and thus needed a longer charge to get awake. Also, the charge level jumped to 26% from 13% after one reboot. This makes me think that the Maxim fuel gauge chip is failing, even though my father (who works for Maxim Integrated) claims that those fuel gauges NEVER die even when exposed to heat from a scorching hot overclocked SoC.