0411 No BBM yet /yawn

arukaen

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Android and iPhone users,

This is Andrew Bocking, head of BBM at BlackBerry. As a follow up to our first blog post on Saturday, I want to take a moment to provide you with an update on the rollout of BBM on Android and iPhone.

Last week, an unreleased, older version of the BBM for Android app was posted on numerous file sharing sites. We were aware of an issue with this unreleased version of the BBM for Android app. This older version resulted in volumes of data traffic orders of magnitude higher than normal for each active user and impacted the system in abnormal ways. The version we were planning to release on Saturday addressed these issues, however we could not block users of the unreleased version if we went ahead with the launch.

We attempted to address the problems caused by the unreleased version throughout the day on Saturday, but as active users of the unreleased app neared a million – and accelerated – it became clear that the only way to address the issue was to pause the rollout for both Android and iPhone.

The team is now focused on adjusting the system to completely block this unreleased version of the Android app when we go live with the official BBM for Android app. We are also making sure that the system is reinforced to handle this kind of scenario in the future. While this may sound like a simple task – it’s not. This will take some time and I do not anticipate launching this week.

Thank you for your patience while we take the time needed to deliver the experience you expect from BBM. We will continue to provide you with updates here on InsideBlackBerry.com and through @BBM on Twitter. We will notify everyone who has pre-registered on BBM.com when BBM is available on Android and iPhone.

Andrew Bocking
EVP, BBM

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
BBM as a lot of people interested in the rollout. Although I don't use the service, it would be good to see a successful release on all platforms.

shrubr

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Just for hoo-ha's this morning I looked in the app store for BBM. Came back with 31 different apps, several different "developers". Seriously people?
Insanity. I didn't even search for blackberry messenger.

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Just for hoo-ha's this morning I looked in the app store for BBM. Came back with 31 different apps, several different "developers". Seriously people?
Insanity. I didn't even search for blackberry messenger.

Google really need to get a handle on this madness! :)

Sent using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and Tapatalk 4

I'm usually on Twitter @Ichi_Bear ;-)

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry had gained the reputation of not being very reliable in keeping promised dates....

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
BBM posted 2 hours ago on Facebook that the app has been resubmitted to the Google Play Store, and is pending approval.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Google is better at getting the fakes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382097567318.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382097567318.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 20

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I just rooted my phone recently and I checked out dm 1.0 and it was cool for a few hours but i got tired of it. I was wondering is there a way to go back to 2.0.6 ? I checked the DMUpdater and its not on the menu for previous roms..:confused: any help would be appreciated, thanks..

Well that sure didn't happen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz