Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with overheating on S4 after 4.4.2 update

Hi, I'm new to these forums and I really need help, I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy s4 i337 with the last KitKat update 4.4.2 and now everytime I use my LTE (when I have no wifi connected) my phone says it overheats and closes every apps i'm using beside calling and contacts. Please help!
    Here's a screenshot:

Problem with overheating on S4 after 4.4.2 update-screenshot_2014-03-27-18-49-12.jpg

Global Posts
    22,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Problem with overheating on S4 after 4.4.2 update

Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried to do a cache clear in recovery?
    Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow instructions for the S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your answer, I tried it, still having the issue. I tried wiping and recovering my phone too no success.

If anyone figures this out please let me know. I am having the same problem. I find it happens when I use video. I just shuts down in an instant, closes all programs and puts that message on the screen.

I think I had a problem similar to this after I upgraded. I never got the overheating warning but my phone was very hot and my battery life was halved. This is because some app/service is keeping the processor chugging away. You can usually find the culprit by going into the settings and checking the battery usage (under More). It should be obvious if an app is going nuts. Usually my screen takes most of the power so if an app is using more than the screen, that is a red flag to me. Shutting down the app might fix it if it just got into a bad state, but more often I usually have to turn something off in the settings (like syncing or notifications) or remove the app completely.

Something to check into if you are still having problems.