[APP][2.1+] DroidVPN - VPN for android (Bypass ISP Restrictions)

DroidVPN

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Help us beta test our new VPN for android called DroidVPN. This is a ported PC Software from our VPN application called PD-Proxy

NOTICE: Your phone must be rooted for this app to work

DroidVPN can unblock ISP restrictions, unblock voip, bypass firewalls, and lets you browse the web anonymously.

DroidVPN is using its own simple and efficient protocol so its not using PPTP or L2TP which is sometimes blocked by your ISP.

This is actually a very early beta testing since some of the features that we plan to add is not yet available like tunneling over ICMP :cool: and TCP.
We wanted to know what features should we add to make it better and more user friendly that's why we released it so early.

Requirements:
Rooted Android 2.1+
Working tun.ko for your kernel
Superuser app

Instructions

1. Signup here: Signup for a free trial account - DroidVPN! and check your email for your password
  2. Your username when logging in to DroidVPN would be your email address.
  3. Goto settings and enter the path of your tun module in "Tun path settings"
  4. Go back and press connect button.
  5. If you saw the "DroidVPN is now connected", you can now press the home button and start browsing.

Note:
Right now we have 2 servers available USA and Netherlands. You can switch servers by clicking the Flag icon on the upper right corner.

If you like DroidVPN, please, rate it in the Android Market!

Like us also in facebook: DroidVPN | Facebook

Link to market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.aed.droidvpn

market-droidvpn.png

Screenshots:

cHKhyGDzT1TTnlEn9vWzxlpevOR_zx6r-kIglUHK1Odx03aRbBayOOy9JrWZBQI88A
UKqJXUypnvYLCwx1jQjkj07b69haSltyhpzS6XA3e8aTYvgPetKG3n6LOgOCzAmChQM
XUBTx-GpolpKTlcy7AQxaXpyfrYAojKiwcn1M6aLSzj54cdL-eUevG9FJmDI1yMAW6c

Keyword: Free VPN working with Android,

Last edited:

DroidVPN

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Frequently asked questions - DroidVPN

Q: How do I root my phone?
A: It depends on your phone model. Just search the forum for tutorials in rooting your phone. Ive used gingerbreak and z4root on my P500 and it works all the time.

Q: I dont have Android Market installed on my phone, How can I install your app?
A: If you don't have Android Market, or for any other reason can not find DroidVPN there, you can download from our site instead: Download DroidVPN - VPN for android phones and android tablets.

Note that if you don't have Android Market, you must install the app and download updates manually. Updates are announced via our DroidVPN Forum, Twitter and Facebook pages.

Q: It doesn't work on my phone. What should I do?
A: Post your log file. You can enable debug logging by going to Settings > and enable "Debug logging". A DroidVPN.txt file will be saved on the root folder of your sdcard.

You could also post the output of logcat. Download alogcat here https://market.android.com/details?id=org.jtb.alogcat Or this direct link: http://alogcat.googlecode.com/files/alogcat-2.3.apk

Q: How can I choose the location of VPN server?
A: Click the flag icon on the upper right corner of the screen to switch between servers.

Q: Where can I get an account?
A: Signup here: Signup for a free trial account - DroidVPN! and check your email for your password. Your username would be your full email address.

Q: Will it redirect all my internet traffic to your VPN?
A: Yes all your applications network connections will go through our VPN servers.

Q: Does DroidVPN support OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, IPsec ?
A: DroidVPN uses it's own simple and efficient protocol with UDP, ICMP and TCP. It doesn't support PPTP, L2TP, IPsec.

Q: How secure is DroidVPN?
A: DroidVPN is not designed to be the MOST secure tunneling software in the world, we focused mainly on speed, stability, rich of features, easy to use but making sure it is still secure enough.

Q: Why do I get "Can't allocate tun device"?
A: This error means that the tun module is not loaded. Make sure you have installed a compatible tun.ko for your phone. You can try our TUN.ko Installer if we already have a tun.ko for your phone. You can view our complete list of tun modules here: Tun.ko Repository Database

Q: I am getting P R P R P R in my logs. What do they mean?
A: Those will only appear if you enabled Debug logging. It is used to check if you are still connected to the server. P means that it is pinging the server and R means that it successfully received a reply from the server.