Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steppschuh
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Remote Control Collection (Go Pro for free)

The Remote Control Collection will get a new compatibility apk that supports all the new features on old Gingerbread devices. At the moment only Honeycomb and newer is getting updates.

I need a few owners of Gingerbread devices that can test if the compatibilty version is working correctly.

I will give away upgrade codes for the Remote Control Collection Pro to testers that give usable feedback.

You can download the beta .apk file here or from the attachments.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanked by 3:
    Dhimaz Runtunuwu likes this.

Default Re: Remote Control Collection (Go Pro for free)

Wessner

Hi! I have a Gingerbread smartphone (Android version 2.3.6 - I think that's Gingerbread :-/ ) and I just installed the Gingerbread beta .apk file on my phone. I'm not sure if I'm understanding what this compatibility .apk of RCC will offer for this version of Android, but it still doesn't give the live screen feature that is in the 1.8 version, even with the trial version code entered. I've also installed the latest version of RCC from the Play store on my smartphone and it doesn't offer that feature for Gingerbread devices either. On my Samsung tablet that has the Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android, I get all the new features using the latest version of RCC with the trial version code entered. Other than that, all other available remotes/features on the Gingerbread beta work fine. Hope this helps! :-)

HI Steppschuh, do you still want some to test this beta?
    I just downloaded it but now I realized that the post is from early 2013...
    Let me know if you need anything from a GB user, this app you made is pretty awesome.

Thank you
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Ferrari View Post
    HI Steppschuh, do you still want some to test this beta?
    I just downloaded it but now I realized that the post is from early 2013...
    Let me know if you need anything from a GB user, this app you made is pretty awesome.

Thank you
    Hey, thanks for your interest. By now, there is a large beta tester community for the Remote Control Apps, you can find it here:
    http://beta.android-remote.com

You will get the latest versions from there, but please don't expect GingerBread updates anymore.

Thankss....................

Hi I Downloaded the beta version for my Sony Xperia E.It is good I only find that my mouse jumps around on ny pc and does not move fluently but it's still great. One thing that would make it more awesome would be if I was able to listen to my pc's audio through my phone Using the same app. thanks for a great app

Its a great app, but make it more user friendly and improve the design

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Hey AMSteppschuh,

Congrats on your app. It looks great. I have spoken to a few other people that have been developing apps as well, and have help them with some questions. I referred them to Facebook to learn more about app monetization. They have some great things going on over there and I believe they could really help your app.

I look forward to seeing your success and other apps of yours in the future.

Best of luck.