[FREE] Serenity for Google TV
Serenity for Google TV is a Plex Media Server client, that is optimized for the 10ft viewing experience. While it is optimized for Google TV, it works just as well on tablets with screen sizes 7inches or larger. The app currently handles direct play of movies and tv shows, filtering by categories, and playing videos either with it's internal player or an external player. It does no transcoding of the video, and on tablets it is recommended to use an external player like MX Player. Use of an external player eliminates the need for transcoding on many devices.
The app screens are inspired by various home theater pc and xbmc skins over the years. The biggest influence is the XBMC Influence/Confluence skin.
The project is open source, and the code and APK can be downloaded from the github project website. License is under a very liberal MIT License.
Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/b/1004278439...63974912/posts
Version 0.10.0 has been released.
Re: [FREE] Serenity for Google TV
Version 0.9.0 is now available. Main items in this release:
* TV Shows can be filtered by Category.
* Refactoring of Movie/Episode Browser screens.
* Fixed force close issues on some devices where there are no plex libraries on the server.
* Add in Google Mobile analytics tracking to help see what devices the app is being used.
Re: [FREE] Serenity for Google TV
Version 0.10.0 is now available:
* Discover Plex Media Servers on the local network. This relies on the DLNA option being enabled on the plex media server. A new preference setting is available to select the Media server to connect too.
* Packages have been renamed so you should Uninstall prior Serenity applications so you don't end up with duplicate options in your application launcher.
* Long press on a Movie poster to be able to Toggle Watched and Unwatched status. Note for Vizio CoStar users there is a bug with the Costar Remote where it sends the wrong KeyCode, you can move the mouse pointer over the poster, and then hold down the "-" key on the front of the remote to get the menu option. Other devices and remote ip controls should work correctly.
* Tablets - Add basic support to use Able Remote as a second screen device. If you long press the poster, you should get an option to "Play on TV" if you have able remote installed. The only player that currently works is the aVia Media Player. Neither Serenity or ViMu seem to respond to the url intent that is passed. Chrome might work as well depending on video being sent.
* After a video is played and returning to the browser screen, the watched status is updated on the screen.
* User Requested - Increased legibility for Drop Down menus and all screens. Font sizes have been increased due to user feedback.
* Adds enhanced support for ViMu and MX Player external players. ViMu enforces direct play of the files, MX Player enforces hardware decoding. Both players now get sent and display the title of the video being played.
* User Requested - Support for Season and Episode numbers in Summary screens when browsing. This requires that your TV Shows have this in their file names in the format of SxxExx. If there are other formats that need to be supported please comment below or open an enhancement request.
* User Requested - Display Data originally Aired when browsing episodes.
- By whateversoft in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-12-2013, 02:49 AM
- By arrowheadtech in forum Google TVReplies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2012, 01:47 AM
- By amznguy in forum Google TVReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
- By SeizedPropaganda in forum Google TVReplies: 6Last Post: 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
- By TheMobileWorx in forum Google TVReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2010, 04:56 PM