My name is Anh and I am part of a mobile startup company, Shoelace Wireless, and today I am sharing with you an app that we just launched as an Open Beta:
VideoBee: Stream videos faster and share them with your friends.
If you have one device, VideoBee can use both the WiFi and cellular networks at the same time to boost your speed. If you have friends near you, they can use their devices to boost your speed and watch the video together. No root access is required.
* Solo mode (single device): use both WiFi and cellular networks at the same time (instead of switching between them) to increase your speed. No more stalling!
* Group mode (two devices next to each other): both devices must have the app installed; one can create and the other can join the group; combine the bandwidth from both devices to stream the video faster; watch the same video on both devices or just on one of them (and use the second screen for statistics). During Beta, group mode is limited to two devices.
* Video sites supported: VideoBee currently helps you to stream your favorite YouTube, Metacafe, Vimeo, and NBC videos, using their familiar web interfaces. More video sites will be supported in the future.
Download VideoBee on Google Play:
- Feature requests and comments can be sent directly to us using the in-app Feedback button
- We would like to hear your feedback:
- Visit us at:
- Follow us on Twitter:
- Like us on Facebook:
Portions of this page are modifications based on work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project
and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License. AndroidCentral is an independent site
that is not affiliated with or endorsed by Google.