[APP][Beta]BUG HUNT! SnapPea - PC manager. We want the harshest and toughest feedback, please.

pixelrocks

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm from SnapPea, an Android PC manager. We first made SnapPea back in 2012, it was not a huge success. But we've made tremendous changes and improvements now. The new SnapPea is still under development, but we'd love to hear feedback from any Android users here. And we are willing to give away a $50 amazon gift card for the one who finds out the most bugs - this is not a reward for contest, this is a truly Thank You for helping us.
homepage.jpg

Ok, cut the crap. Let me show you some numbers! We've compared SnapPea with another PC manager - MoboGenie which seems to be very popular recently, and as you know, we outperformed it, of course:D

Package size
The package size for SnapPea is only 4.5MB
The package size for Mobogenie is 30.4MB

Installation time
It takes only 2.94s to install SnapPea on your PC (here is a video to prove video)
It takes 6.87s to install Mobogenie

Photo loading time (tested on a phone with 2000+ photos)
SnapPea takes 1.25s to load pictures
Mobogenie takes 8.16s
×a word here: we have made improvement to the logic of content loading, which means the photos won't be necessarily loading from the top to the bottom, instead, we load where your eyes are at first ;)

Contacts loading time (tested on a phone with 3000+ contacts)
SnapPea takes 1.48s to load pictures
Mobogenie takes 57.75s

Memory usage
SnapPea uses only 70MB when in use and 24.7MB when not
Mobogenie uses up to 146MB when in use and 70MB when not
As windows users, you must know what a pain in the *** it is when some software takes too much memory...

photo.jpg

Enough for the numbers (sorry, can't help, too proud), if you do not know what a PC manager is. Here what it does:
  • Manage your contacts - import, export, edit, grouping etc
  • Text messages - send sms on PC
  • Manage your apps - install apks, will add export later
  • Manage your photos - import, export, delete, set as wallpaper etc
  • SD card manager - we have beautiful SD card manager interface!!!
  • Music&Video - import and export

sd.png

Anyway, we understand that it is far from PERFECT, but we are willing to make it PERFECT. So if you're willing to help or simply criticize, you have all our ears. Bugs, wrong spellings, feature requests, anything is welcome! And we will answer EVERY question here and take EVERY suggestion seriously.

Download link is here: SnapPea Beta (it's a dropbox link, no harm:cool:)

Thanks, sincerely.

John Gill

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Would like it a lot better if it worked over wifi and if the screenshots on the program were in English.

BUG - Trying to delete Music/audio files off my phone with the program and it seems if I select more then 10 and I go to select the next one it unselects the 10 I had before.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Agree on the language. No matter what language is chosen, what's shown is an oriental language. (I don't know any of them well enough to know which one it is.)

Phone Storage, SD Card 1 and SD Card 2 on a Samsung Note 3 (N900A) show up blank (and they aren't).

Also, closing the program throws a "Snappea.exe has stopped working" error in Windows 7.