Any confirmation on the Bionic's wireless charging battery cover?

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: Any confirmation on the Bionic's wireless charging battery co

I've seen it in quite a few photos leaked of the acessories. Its coming just like all other 4G phones already have it. I ordered an Energizer Qi charging pad off ebay a few weeks ago brand new for $25 shipped in preparation.

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Do I need to buy an additional battery cover? Or does the stock factory batter cover offer inductive charging? Can I just buy that Energizer QI Pad and charge the Bionic right out of the box? Is that the cheapest/best option?

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Do I need to buy an additional battery cover? Or does the stock factory batter cover offer inductive charging? Can I just buy that Energizer QI Pad and charge the Bionic right out of the box? Is that the cheapest/best option?

You will have to buy the wireless inductive back door for charging (extra $29 or $39). As for the charging pad you can buy the one directly from VZW $69 or less if you get a corp discount or an Energizer one on ebay for less.

kindrudekid

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

will the cover work with only stock battery

or with the extended battery cover too, ?? incase i decide to install a larger battery

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

You will have to buy the wireless inductive back door for charging (extra $29 or $39). As for the charging pad you can buy the one directly from VZW $69 or less if you get a corp discount or an Energizer one on ebay for less.

Oh, forget that. I will just get the dock then. It will look much nicer and be a lot cheaper anyways.

Thanks for responding!

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Oh, forget that. I will just get the dock then. It will look much nicer and be a lot cheaper anyways.

Thanks for responding!

I'm going to build my Energizer charging deck into my nightstand table. It will sit flush and I won't have to worry about plugging the phone in at night when dark or in the morning unplugging while the wife is still asleep. Time to have some fun with the router.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

will the cover work with only stock battery

or with the extended battery cover too, ?? incase i decide to install a larger battery

Not sure, I would guess only with a stock battery or stock sized battery. Maybe Seidio will put out a stock sized battery with 1900 or more mah that wil fit under there.

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to build my Energizer charging deck into my nightstand table. It will sit flush and I won't have to worry about plugging the phone in at night when dark or in the morning unplugging while the wife is still asleep. Time to have some fun with the router.

Now THAT would look great! I would love to see pics when you're finished.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Now THAT would look great! I would love to see pics when you're finished.

Forsure, now I just have to talk the wife into be cutting into either the West Elm table or the Crate and Barrel table lol. I guess I bought them and it shouldn't matter.

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Forsure, now I just have to talk the wife into be cutting into either the West Elm table or the Crate and Barrel table lol. I guess I bought them and it shouldn't matter.
Haha good luck! I would love to go the wireless charging route, but $100 for the setup is just a bit much for me. I am your typical broke college student :p

slickrickhinson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

For your night table just cut a piece of lumber to fit over the top and router that for your charger to fit into it. No need to cut the original table top. Either way I'd like to see it also.

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

I'd just like to see a picture of your wife's face when you DO do this thinking that just because you bought them it shouldn't matter.... Hahahaha! :)

GTiceman

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

kinda bumping this as the store told me today they didnt know when the back was coming but sure enough it is listed online

did anyone order it?

Aioka

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

kinda bumping this as the store told me today they didnt know when the back was coming but sure enough it is listed online

did anyone order it?

I did and according to FedEx it will be here Monday :)

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Ordered up the Verizon pad and the charging back. Got them at a discount so willing to give it a shot. Hopefully, it doesn't add too much bulk to the phone. Since they just started appearing online, it will be a few days before they pop up in stores I'd bet.

GTiceman

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Let us know when you get it ... I am thinking of returning my HD dock because of the problems people seem to be having with them ... I get a corp discount on accessories so that is also why I am considering the inductive stuff

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Should be here Tuesday at the latest. Am I the only one who's giving this a inductive thing a shot on the bionic???

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

Should be here Tuesday at the latest. Am I the only one who's giving this a inductive thing a shot on the bionic???

Its something I'm considering but its one thing i'm waiting on a few reviews of. Already spent enough on the Bionic, Lapdock, and standard dock (for now.. will get more) so i figure i'll wait for some hands-on videos or comments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21