Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Officially Confirmed Otterbox Defender Series Case on Launch day

Ok just got the nod from my friend he wouldn't get in trouble for me saying it but that accessory I could not mention he got in friday night was Otterbox Defender Series cases. No waiting a solid month like the D3, charge, etc. They will be ready to go launch day for anyone interested in purchasing one to protect your new phone. That means no buying a cheapy case to hold you over until otterbox finally kicks it out the door. You can't even find the listing for it on Otterbox.com so they must be keeping it quiet until launch.
    Last edited by trailblazen; 09-04-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!
    Thanked by 3:
    heelsbigc#AC likes this.

Default Re: Officially Confirmed Otterbox Defender Series Case on Launch

Nice, haven't had a job that I needed one of these for awhile but they are nice cases.

I just want a nice TPU case for the Bionic. I would love it if they make one that fits on the Bionic with the Inductive door.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

In my line of work its necessary LOL.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

I hate the screen cover of the defender series otherwise the case is awesome. I wish it would fit the extended battery, whose door doesn't seem to extend that far out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Will the Otterbox work with the wireless charging back?

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by ECU Pirates View Post
    Will the Otterbox work with the wireless charging back?
    Good question. Typically, those charging backs add too much thickness to the phone to fit in the standard cases. On top of that, the distance and extra material impede the charging connection.
    So, odds are no. Won't know for sure until someone tries it out. I really want the charging back. I miss that functionality from my Palm Pre.

I called Otterbox late last week, and they said they didn't have anything on the case options for the Bionic.

I did put in a request for a defender.

Looks like I won't have to wait long

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by otsunashi View Post
    I called Otterbox late last week, and they said they didn't have anything on the case options for the Bionic.

I did put in a request for a defender.

Looks like I won't have to wait long
    They denied there was an Otterbox for the EVO 3D even after a shipment of them leaked out and I had one in my hands. They're likely done and enroute to stores already.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Correction, in stores as of last Friday night when my buddy at verizon told me lol

You have no idea how happy I am hearing this news. I really need that otterbox for this phone.

trailblazen -- Do you know (or can you ask your buddy) if the Otterbox case will fit with the extended battery?

Thanks in advance and thanks for letting us know about the GREAT news.

ROM
    Rooted Stock Rom

I had my buddy look on the computer to see if Verizon had any cases that will fit the extended battery and there currently aren't any. He told me that if I wanted to pick up the Otterbox for now, when they get something for the battery, I could return the Otterbox if it wasn't to beat up and pick up the new case.
    Thanked by:

Smile Re: Officially Confirmed Otterbox Defender Series Case on Launch

Confirmed!! Ordered from Verizon Wireless customer service today and shipping with my Bionic to arrive overnight

Quote Originally Posted by amstaffdoggy View Post
    Confirmed!! Ordered from Verizon Wireless customer service today and shipping with my Bionic to arrive overnight
    Can you tell me how much the case is?

ROM
    Rooted Stock Rom

The case had a $50 price tag in the corporate store here.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Rooted Stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by KDogg241 View Post
    I had my buddy look on the computer to see if Verizon had any cases that will fit the extended battery and there currently aren't any. He told me that if I wanted to pick up the Otterbox for now, when they get something for the battery, I could return the Otterbox if it wasn't to beat up and pick up the new case.
    I lied about there not being anything that will fit the extended battery...the shell/holster combo apparently works with it.

Quote Originally Posted by KDogg241 View Post
    I lied about there not being anything that will fit the extended battery...the shell/holster combo apparently works with it.
    Then I guess I take back my thanks.....Ha Ha

I appreciate the info.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Yeah I asked and he wasn't sure it would and I tend to agree. Only way would be to try it in store but I doubt it since otter makes their cases to exact specs since I own one for my Blackberry Storm 2.

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    Yeah I asked and he wasn't sure it would and I tend to agree. Only way would be to try it in store but I doubt it since otter makes their cases to exact specs since I own one for my Blackberry Storm 2.
    I thought that might be the case as I have used Otterbox cases on several phones (and love them) and they are very fitted to the device. Was hoping maybe since the extended battery does not look like it adds much to the thickness of the Bionic it might fit, I guess I will see tomorrow when I pick up mt Bionic.

ROM
    Stock on most

Has anyone gotten a look at the charging back to see how different it is than the standard one? Be great if Motorola kept the same size specs even though the odds on that are slim.

I hope mine is coming with the Otterbox, I asked if it was and she told me it wasn't.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Im going to the store at 0800 (store opens at 1000 but may open early so told to arrive early) to get all my stuff. My friend has everything set aside and will have it rung up before the doors open so all I have to do is slide my card and walk out with a big bag of accessories and my new phone in its otterbox.

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    Im going to the store at 0800 (store opens at 1000 but may open early so told to arrive early) to get all my stuff. My friend has everything set aside and will have it rung up before the doors open so all I have to do is slide my card and walk out with a big bag of accessories and my new phone in its otterbox.
    I'll be there at 9:30 for my appointment...taking two hours off work without pay to get it! The early "hands on" reports have been very favorable!
    Cory

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslimmy View Post
    i wna see a picture of thoooo .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast