Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frd91gt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bionic buyers getting ripped off on Window Mount?

My mount kit did not include a USB Charging/Audio cable... the kit with my D3 did.

The price for the Droid 3 Window Mount which includes a USB Charging/Audio cable $39.99

The price for the Bionic Window Mount without a USB Charging/Audio cable $39.99

I cant help but feeling a little cheated here.... IMO.
    Last edited by kilofox; 09-09-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Default Re: Bionic buyers getting ripped off on Window Mount?

Yea, definitely sucks. I sent Verizon an email about it. The Motorola car dock shows it as included in the package, the Verizon one doesn't. It does have the text "Your USB audio cable" in the manual that is provided with it though. I can't find that cable for sale anywhere.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by frd91gt View Post
    Yea, definitely sucks. I sent Verizon an email about it. The Motorola car dock shows it as included in the package, the Verizon one doesn't. It does have the text "Your USB audio cable" in the manual that is provided with it though. I can't find that cable for sale anywhere.
    I wonder if it is simply an oversite on VZW's part? My Droid 3 Window Mount Kit has all the same parts plus the USB/Audio cable and is priced the same.

Hard to believe that VZW would think people wouldn't notice. Cause we did.

I would appreciate you posting VZW's response to your email if you feel so inclined. I am curious to see their explanation.

Cool Re: Bionic buyers getting ripped off on Window Mount?

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    I wonder if it is simply an oversite on VZW's part? My Droid 3 Window Mount Kit has all the same parts plus the USB/Audio cable and is priced the same.

I would appreciate you posting VZW's response to your email if you feel so inclined. I am curious to see their explanation.
    Hopefully it was just an oversight, when I buy something I want to be able to use it, not look at all the other pieces in a manual.

The HD dock didn't come with the HDMI cable either. The Verizon store wanted to sell me one for $20.....

I wonder if you buy the laptop dock if they will provide you with the keys for the keyboard also.

The Verizon Car mount for the OG Droid did not come with the charging cable but the more expensive one from motorola did.

The $39.99 Verizon version for the Bionic does not come with the cables but the $59.99 Motoroal version does: Amazon.com: Motorola 89499N Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger for DROID BIONIC - Car Kit - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I think that it is more likely that Verizon screwed up with the Droid 3.

I got the bundle deal at Costco....all Moto accessories, but when they brought it all out from the stock area after I paid for it, they had everything in a big plastic bag, accessories just wrapped in plastic/bubble wrap, no boxes.....there were 5 other people there besides me & we bought all 6 they had yesterday and they were all in bags like that with no boxes. I thought maybe since Costco's "normal" bundle deal they offer includes a car charger that maybe they just didn't "double up" on those and just gave us the one that came with the car charger....but maybe that's not the case?!? Was a Moto car charger at least....even though I don't really need it. Bought a Griffin really low profile dual USB port thing for the car....loving that it lets me still close the ashtray/garbage cover deal when I don't need to use it! Normal car chargers typically seem WAY bigger than they need to be.

just a heads up whenever i tried to root mine with my normal cable that stays plugged to my computer nothing happend AT ALL . i had to go and get a actual moto cable before the phone would aknowledge that a cable was plugged into it .......

ROM
    .246 ICS

I believe this is the one Costco included with the Moto Car Mount (they did not include the 5ft audio cable)

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon as the seller has it for $4.52 - Choose "ships from and sold by Amazon.com" to ensure new Motorola product.
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/82639714.png

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post

I have yet to hear back on the VZW email.

However, I took the Car Dock back to the store and told them that it didn't come with the cable, but the car dock for the Droid 3 did come with the cable. The sales person said that Verizon screwed up and it should have the cable. He opened up a Droid 3 car dock package and gave me the cable out of it.

I'll let you know if/when I hear back on the VZW email.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

I would never miss another micro USB cable... I get mine from Monoprice.com, and they cost about a buck apiece. Since they have flat rate overnight shipping in California, I always stock up on the items I invariably misplaced when I have to make a cable order.

It's not a regular micro USB cable and I'm kinda miffed about it too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I thought it seemed a little odd that the car mount did not include the charging cable. I have the one from my OG so it wasn't an issue. But I might just head back to the store and see if they will hook me up with another cable.

Just received mine today. I wad disappointed that it didn't come with the custom audio/power cable. I did an online chat with Motorola tech support and they're sending me a cable at mo charge. The custom cable only comes with it if you buy direct from Motorola.

Where did you go for Motorola chat support?
    Thanks

Www.motorola.com/repair
    Go to the contact us section

I didn't get them to send one for free, but I just grabbed one from here:
    Motorola Custom Audio and Power USB Cable : Chargers

Worth it to me (but I still need a 12v usb to plug it into.)

i cant seem to find this cable anywhere. anyone find it by itself? i want to test to see if the cable works with a custom rom on the Droid4.