Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Made for Bionic screen protector alternatives?

So, as much as I'd love to trust Gorilla Glass I put a screen protector on my phone. It came with the Verizon case & car charger bundle. Two problems with it. It only covers the actual screen area which I can deal with but the other issue is it's the anti glare type. It makes the screen look terrible! Are there any other good protectors out there that are made for the Bionic or made for other phones that will fit without trimming it down?

Default Re: Made for Bionic screen protector alternatives?

I was just about to make a post regarding the anti-glare display protectors. Can anyone else attest to them making the screen look bad? I had planned on getting them, but now may be looking for an alternative as well.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

To me, it looks similar to when you get oil from your face on the screen and you get that weird look to the screen.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

i prefer going naked, have been for 4 years. nothing beats the feel of all natural.
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    i prefer going naked, have been for 4 years. nothing beats the feel of all natural.
    I agree but I'm the better to be safe than sorry guy.

I agree with moosc. Bare is better. My OG Droid is 14 mo. old and the screen is still flawless. And, the feel is so much better without it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    moosc 

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    this thread is getting racy...

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by ttrimmer View Post
    So, as much as I'd love to trust Gorilla Glass I put a screen protector on my phone. It came with the Verizon case & car charger bundle. Two problems with it. It only covers the actual screen area which I can deal with but the other issue is it's the anti glare type. It makes the screen look terrible! Are there any other good protectors out there that are made for the Bionic or made for other phones that will fit without trimming it down?
    I couldn't agree with you more about the anti-glare screen protectors. I would see about exchanging them.

I have started asking and verifying that the screen protectors I am getting are not anti-glare when I am making my phone purchase.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 25/Imoseyon lean 2.2

Zagg has Bionic screen protection available.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I didn't like Zagg the last time I used one. I'll probably just get one made for another phone like the EVO and do the necessary mods.

bodyguardz will be out in a couple days as per my email inquiry
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I bit the bullet and bought an Invisible Shield at Best Buy. It seems that's the only kind they carry there nowadays.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Skinomi also has a screen protector that fits over the entire front of the phone.

Ghost Armour is getting popular because they put it on for you. The use a vacuum chamber to put it on. They have locations in malls. Check it out.

Ghost Armor Cell Phone Skins and Cases, Laptop Wraps & Screen Protectors | Ghost Armor

I have used ghost armour. Nice screen protector

sent from my Thunderbolt
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

I have a TB protector on mine. Fits good.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by CSM-101 View Post
    Ghost Armour is getting popular because they put it on for you. The use a vacuum chamber to put it on. They have locations in malls. Check it out.

Ghost Armor Cell Phone Skins and Cases, Laptop Wraps & Screen Protectors | Ghost Armor
    I've had that put on my OG droid as well as my BB Storm 2 way back when. I was also told though that it cancels out our warranties on our phones because of the moisture required to put the armor on.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I bought the standard 3 pack of screen protectors from verizon with the phone. Slapped it on there and I think it looks absolutely fine. No issues with glare or really anything else for that matter, IMO.

I have the anti-glare and my wife has the standard on our bionics. The standard looks crisper. The anti-glare definitely makes the screen look pixelated, but it hasn't bothered me enough to change the protector on mine, yet.

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by Pur3vil View Post
    I have the anti-glare and my wife has the standard on our bionics. The standard looks crisper. The anti-glare definitely makes the screen look pixelated, but it hasn't bothered me enough to change the protector on mine, yet.
    Hmmm, I wonder if that anti-glare protector actually mutes the pentile grid issue. LOL I may have to try them out just to see how bad/good it looks.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I had Phantom Skinz on my OG Droid and it looked and responded great. I just ordered the same for my Bionic. Their "internet special" is 2 for 1. I'm not sure how special their "special" is, as I remember the same "special" when I purchased the last set of Phantom Skinz 2 years ago. Also, coupon code "fall30" will get you 30% off. I paid $6.95 (free first-class postage included) for 2 screen protectors. They also offer full body protection, but I didn't end up applying anything except the screen protector the last time, and I really don't see the point of applying a protector to the rubbery, plastic Bionic body.
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder if that anti-glare protector actually mutes the pentile grid issue. LOL I may have to try them out just to see how bad/good it looks.
    Generally speaking screen protectors are going to have the opposite effect. If I'm not mistaken the anti-glare ones will be even worse.

Not testing it though since I go bare
    I'd bet Cory's arm on it!

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Just ordered a phantomskinz and going to have it installed at the zagg cart! great deal

I know im in the minority here, but I for one love the anti glare screen protectors.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Steinheil FTW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast