1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hardwired my vehicle dock! pics inside.

So I REALLLLLY like my vehicle dock that came in the Costco deal, but I couldn't find a good spot for it within reach and where the cable wasn't dangling all ugly like. I decided what the hell and took an old car charger I had laying around and did some wiring. Now I have the dock mounted where is easily within reach, doesn't obstruct my view and you can't see an unsightly cable.

As an added plus, turns out that the car docks "night mode" colors (blue and orange) match perfectly with my interior lights!

Here is a couple of pics.

Last edited by sux2bu; 09-12-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Default Re: Hardwired my vehicle dock! pics inside.

nice

ROM
    AOKP JB

ahahah nice. I might have to hardwire mine to get it to work! My car doesn't have a port for me to plug the car power cable into. Although I might be able to get away with the USB port on my new head unit
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

i did mine to in my yukon

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I plan on doing the same, however I found an inexpensive micro usb hardwire kit on ebay with a straight cable I plan on using. Clean install is the best way to go!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Wish we could still see the pictures in the OP ...

Dont use the usb on your head, get a cigerette lighter adapter, and run it under your dash so you don't have wires all over.

ROM
    Stock

Thinking of doing this as a media player on the car, switching to the gs3 and if I don't get a good offer, will do.