Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extended Battery Case

I see the extended battery is for sale for the Bionic. Is there any case that will fit over the phone with the extended battery on it?

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

Default Re: Extended Battery Case

VZW corporate stores have the case and battery. I got the battery, case, belt carrier, 3 screen protectors, and car charger for 58.34 out the door. Battery was 50% off and I get 25% off of accessories.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I see the extended battery at the online store but there is nothing there about a case that fits the Bionic with the extended battery on it.

ROM
    .246 ICS

Quote Originally Posted by z06psi View Post
    VZW corporate stores have the case and battery. I got the battery, case, belt carrier, 3 screen protectors, and car charger for 58.34 out the door. Battery was 50% off and I get 25% off of accessories.
    You are still going to use screen protectors on your Bionic?
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/82639714.png
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes. Just wanted something to guard the phone itself with the extended battery on the phone.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

Yep. As long as they are put on right might as well have the extra insurance for 700.00 device you carry everywhere you go. Plus it all came in one whole box.
    Thanked by:
    ninjataint likes this.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

Well the extended cases are at the physical store. Thats where I got mine.
    Thanked by:

That above is the link of the case I got. It fits both the regular battery and the extended battery. It is a hard shell case. ( also have other accessories shown in the video )
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

Thats the one I got as well.
    Thanked by:

Didn't like that case very much. Although I did like the kickstand feature. Was hoping there would be a soft case to go over the extended battery. Is there really no alternative?
    Last edited by azshorty2003; 09-12-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by xjoshuax89 View Post

That above is the link of the case I got. It fits both the regular battery and the extended battery. It is a hard shell case. ( also have other accessories shown in the video )
    I posted it on the youtube video link, but then i realized you have the same name as the youtube person. hehe.

So yeah, the Standard Dock does fit the Extended battery and I heard during your video you said it doesn't fit 'right'. Make damn sure you remove the insert out of the dock, as it does appear that the HD Dock has it as well. Note: its pre-installed. You mentioned maybe someone removed it from the box, etc... its 'in the dock' Just use your fingernail and you can remove the tray making more room in the hole in the dock.
    Last edited by ChevyNovaLN; 09-12-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..

Quote Originally Posted by azshorty2003 View Post
    Didn't like that case very much. Although I did like the kickstand feature. Was hoping there would be a soft case to go over the extended battery. Is there really no alternative?
    I also agree... the case left the bottom & top edges of the phone with all 4 corners unprotected.

Have'nt been able to find a good case to protect my extended battery Bionic yet...

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Can anyone confirm if the extended battery/cover will fit in the standard silicone case purchased from the store?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing. The holster case does not really protect the phone. There has got to be a case for the extended battery that actually protects the whole phone!

sub'd for the same reason. I need the extended battery to last all day and there are no cool covers that fit it. The one the VZW store had was a ok case other than it was really, really ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by akorcovelos View Post
    sub'd for the same reason. I need the extended battery to last all day and there are no cool covers that fit it. The one the VZW store had was a ok case other than it was really, really ugly.
    Yeah, it was an ok case - except for the fact it was really, really ugly, didn't protect the ends of the phone, felt like cheap hard plastic and the plastic "guides" that hold the phone felt cheap and flimsy and like they would break sooner rather than later. Yeah, besides that it was a great case.

The leather case from verizon fits the Bionic with or without the extended battery well. Easy to clip on belt and remove with one hand action. Android Central has it on sale!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extended Battery Case-7314.jpg  

I'm using the shell/holster combo from verizon and it's OK, but we need a case/holster that provides more phone coverage, but not as bulky as the OtterBox. I also feel like the phone could fall out of the verizon shell case/holster. Some sort of retaining clip like Siedio uses would be nice.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

I'd really just like a soft gel case that fits the extended battery. I keep my phone in my left front pocket, so I don't want anything too bulky. Every time I see someone with his smartphone in a holster on his belt, I automatically assume that he's an IT guy. Nothing worse than phone in a holster and a BT headset!
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!

I bought the standard silicone case and it sort of fits the extended battery. The sides flail out a little bit. I'm thinking about cutting the back open so it fits the extended battery as a case really only needs to protect the sides and corners of the phone, not the battery cover.

like a droid bionic bumper case

Quote Originally Posted by freeky1 View Post
    I'd really just like a soft gel case that fits the extended battery. I keep my phone in my left front pocket, so I don't want anything too bulky. Every time I see someone with his smartphone in a holster on his belt, I automatically assume that he's an IT guy. Nothing worse than phone in a holster and a BT headset!

hey now......

Quote Originally Posted by freeky1 View Post
    um....

I still check this forum every day to see if a case has come out that fits the extended battery.
    Motorola Droid Bionic 4g LTE - Motorola Xoom Tablet 4g LTE
    And yes, the SIM card from the Bionic works great in the Xoom!

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat55 View Post
    The leather case from verizon fits the Bionic with or without the extended battery well. Easy to clip on belt and remove with one hand action. Android Central has it on sale!!
    Does AC charge tax? otherwise by the time you add the shipping back in, it's the same price as VZW website (with free 2-day shipping).
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast