Naked or covered

sophi_psych

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Covered. Shoot double bagged even! Purchased an Otter Box with the phone. I don't really want to keep it covered. But if I didn't my job would cause it to be packed with about 5 pounds of aluminum dust after about a week.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Naked. I'm a desk jockey and I'm not that clumsy when it comes to my phones so I have no need for a case.

stoneynumbnuts

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Would like to use it naked but I'm too afraid of scratching my shiny new $300 phone. I prefer it naked, but I use a otterbox case. Will always look like new in there.

monicadayy

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Definitely covered - I have a TPU case from Amazon on right now, but I'm hoping that Case Mate comes out with more soon... I really liked their pop case for my Thunderbolt.

I have to have a case because (1) I am a klutz and (2) I work in a very dusty/dirty environment (trucking company).

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I prefer naked, but am considering a case if I can find one I like that also fits into the docking stations.

You guys using otterbox using the Defender or Commuter? If commuter does it work with the docking stations?

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i rock mine naked, i generally baby my phone for first couple months anyway and by that time is when i stop caring because the new factor has worn off and ill toss it on bed and table so by then any scratches r just war marks, haha i might get a zapp screen tho just to help with sliding over the glass it tends to get tacky after repeated use

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd prefer naked, but I just picked up a silocone case today....kind of want to keep the new factor a little longer with this phone for some reason.....put a screen protector on today too, as mentioned about I felt like the screen would get a little taky after a bit of use without wiping it down....mostly while playing games where your finger is constantly on the screen (at least while I was trying my hand at Air Attack HD anyway.... LOL!)

technophile82

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Id prefer naked, but I have a silicone case on it to protect from scratches. This silicone case seems to be a dust magnet itself though...I have a hard shell on order from Amazon

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a TPU case and Skinomi Techskin from Amazon last night.

The Gorilla Glass seems like it is pretty durable, but i want to keep this thing looking clean as long as possible.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Id prefer naked, but I have a silicone case on it to protect from scratches. This silicone case seems to be a dust magnet itself though...I have a hard shell on order from Amazon

I actually just returned the silicone case.....as stated, it's a MAJOR dust/lint magnet (I carry my phone in my pocket, don't particularly care for holsters...personal preference), plus it seemed a little bulkier than I wanted (couldn't imagine using that Otterbox Defender!! GOOD LORD!). I saw online & checked out in the store the Incipio sili-whatever case - silicone sleeve with a hard plastic outer cover. Seemed to be less bulky than the silicone case I returned, but the silicone part didn't sit right once the hard cover went on when I tried it on my phone in the store. Passing on that for now....plus just read in another thread on here that the silicone has torn on a couple of people's cases already. I probably wouldn't be taking it on and off as much as they seemd to be, but also wasn't keen on the fact that it covered up the notification LED.... Keeping an eye out for something else to come out in the near future that will hopefully meet my needs.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
A thin skin for safety. The VZW screen protectors are decent. I dont like that they dont cover the screen completely, but they have a gel feel and are fingerprint resistant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173