Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Naked or covered

Just a thought

You prefer your db naked or do you use a case/cover?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Default Re: Naked or covered

Covered. Shoot double bagged even! Purchased an Otter Box with the phone. I don't really [I]want[I] to keep it covered. But if I didn't my job would cause it to be packed with about 5 pounds of aluminum dust after about a week.

Naked. I'm a desk jockey and I'm not that clumsy when it comes to my phones so I have no need for a case.

Naked for sure wouldn't have it any other way.

Would like to use it naked but I'm too afraid of scratching my shiny new $300 phone. I prefer it naked, but I use a otterbox case. Will always look like new in there.

Definitely covered - I have a TPU case from Amazon on right now, but I'm hoping that Case Mate comes out with more soon... I really liked their pop case for my Thunderbolt.

I have to have a case because (1) I am a klutz and (2) I work in a very dusty/dirty environment (trucking company).

Really would like to get it covered but the one Verizon store that is close by doesn't have any cases yet.

I prefer naked, but am considering a case if I can find one I like that also fits into the docking stations.

You guys using otterbox using the Defender or Commuter? If commuter does it work with the docking stations?

i rock mine naked, i generally baby my phone for first couple months anyway and by that time is when i stop caring because the new factor has worn off and ill toss it on bed and table so by then any scratches r just war marks, haha i might get a zapp screen tho just to help with sliding over the glass it tends to get tacky after repeated use

ROM
    Bionic Stock Kernel

Naked and docked. Which I wish I were right now (wife permitting).
    " Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet! You can travel further with both than you can with just one."
    - J. Michael Straczynski

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

I have a case, but don't use it as it won't fit into the lapdock. So naked.
    johnnyshinta likes this.

Just topless.

I'd prefer naked, but I just picked up a silocone case today....kind of want to keep the new factor a little longer with this phone for some reason.....put a screen protector on today too, as mentioned about I felt like the screen would get a little taky after a bit of use without wiping it down....mostly while playing games where your finger is constantly on the screen (at least while I was trying my hand at Air Attack HD anyway.... LOL!)

Id prefer naked, but I have a silicone case on it to protect from scratches. This silicone case seems to be a dust magnet itself though...I have a hard shell on order from Amazon

I just ordered a TPU case and Skinomi Techskin from Amazon last night.

The Gorilla Glass seems like it is pretty durable, but i want to keep this thing looking clean as long as possible.

ROM
    Project Elite 6.5

Naked

Naked...with a screen protector. I just can't see making a big phone even bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by technophile82 View Post
    Id prefer naked, but I have a silicone case on it to protect from scratches. This silicone case seems to be a dust magnet itself though...I have a hard shell on order from Amazon

I actually just returned the silicone case.....as stated, it's a MAJOR dust/lint magnet (I carry my phone in my pocket, don't particularly care for holsters...personal preference), plus it seemed a little bulkier than I wanted (couldn't imagine using that Otterbox Defender!! GOOD LORD!). I saw online & checked out in the store the Incipio sili-whatever case - silicone sleeve with a hard plastic outer cover. Seemed to be less bulky than the silicone case I returned, but the silicone part didn't sit right once the hard cover went on when I tried it on my phone in the store. Passing on that for now....plus just read in another thread on here that the silicone has torn on a couple of people's cases already. I probably wouldn't be taking it on and off as much as they seemd to be, but also wasn't keen on the fact that it covered up the notification LED.... Keeping an eye out for something else to come out in the near future that will hopefully meet my needs.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

A thin skin for safety. The VZW screen protectors are decent. I dont like that they dont cover the screen completely, but they have a gel feel and are fingerprint resistant.

ROM
    Stock

I usually buy cases but then end up not using them. Haha

I like to skin mine. I just ordered a skin from Skinomi off Amazon and it's fantastic. Cases would make it too bulky imo, and I'm not generally clumsy with my gadgets, but I do like a little protection and skins are good for that. Plus, it still fits into all my docks

Quote Originally Posted by lakilaulea View Post
    I like to skin mine. I just ordered a skin from Skinomi off Amazon and it's fantastic. Cases would make it too bulky imo, and I'm not generally clumsy with my gadgets, but I do like a little protection and skins are good for that. Plus, it still fits into all my docks
    Mind posting a picture of what the skin looks like when you get it? I normally keep mine naked but may consider a skin since it doesn't add bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    You guys using otterbox using the Defender or Commuter? If commuter does it work with the docking stations?
    The defender is a beast. But that goes without saying. I don't have a dock but I can't see how it would possibly fit one. That goes the same for the commuter. Which I'm thinking of switching to because the defender hardly fits in my pocket.

ROM
    Stock

I greatly prefer to carry my phone without a case. It feels great in the hand and eliminates the added bulk. I've been carrying my phones without cases for the last for years and I always keep them looking new. Nothing ever goes in the pocket with my phone. Ever.

And now that phones have Gorilla Glass, there's even less motivation to use protection. >.>

I'm naked right now.....and I don't have a case on the phone either!
    I use a car dock and anticipate getting the extended battery. Has anyone found a case/skin that works with the extended battery and the dock?
    Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast