Atrix lapdock

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi does anyone know if the lapdock for the Atrix will fit for the bionic?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

First guess is no.. unless it comes with a connector piece to fit inbetween them.

I have both the Atrix and the Bionic and the microUSB plug on the Atrix is inverted(upside down) compared to the Bionic.

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
First guess is no.. unless it comes with a connector piece to fit inbetween them.

I have both the Atrix and the Bionic and the microUSB plug on the Atrix is inverted(upside down) compared to the Bionic.

Turns out some folks over at XDA got the Atrix laptop dock working with the Photon, which is also compatible with the bionic doc. It just took a very simple modification. So if it works for the Photon it should work for the Bionic.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1261374
Photon working with LapDock! - xda-developers

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Turns out some folks over at XDA got the Atrix laptop dock working with the Photon, which is also compatible with the bionic doc. It just took a very simple modification. So if it works for the Photon it should work for the Bionic.

Confirmed! Bionic Lapdock works with the Photon without any Mods! - xda-developers
Photon working with LapDock! - xda-developers

There's no way to get this working without a mod. Perhaps the Photon has the same direction ports as the Bionic, but the Atrix hdmi/microUSB is flipped. I just took a pic, look.

0f5270c5.jpg

RoyEP3

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
There's no way to get this working without a mod. Perhaps the Photon has the same direction ports as the Bionic, but the Atrix hdmi/microUSB is flipped. I just took a pic, look.

0f5270c5.jpg

Right. Post #8 of the second link I posted shows the mod that I mentioned.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Photon working with LapDock!

cdthomas9 said:
pop open the connector, its just clicked together at this point. unscrew the metal clip holding the individual connectors to the chassis. the individual connectors can now be manipulated into position for the Photon.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

newts

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This is great but what is the trick? I can fiddle the connectors but when I plug it in the Photon screen goes dark, the laptop display flashes something about HDMI signal and then goes black with the round red batwing logo floating around the screen.

What am I missing?

Thannks

stevetie

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a lapdock for the Atrix 4G and just got an Atrix 2. It doesn't fit in the lapdock I have. Does anyone know if there is a way to adapt it to fit the Atrix 2?
Thanks
Steve

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a lapdock for the Atrix 4G and just got an Atrix 2. It doesn't fit in the lapdock I have. Does anyone know if there is a way to adapt it to fit the Atrix 2?
Thanks
Steve

What orientation are your connectors in? More than likely it'll just be a quick fix with a screwdriver and a sharp tool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy