1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Atrix lapdock

Hi does anyone know if the lapdock for the Atrix will fit for the bionic?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Default Re: Atrix lapdock

Quote Originally Posted by a4udi98 View Post
    Hi does anyone know if the lapdock for the Atrix will fit for the bionic?

Thanks

First guess is no.. unless it comes with a connector piece to fit inbetween them.

I have both the Atrix and the Bionic and the microUSB plug on the Atrix is inverted(upside down) compared to the Bionic.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    First guess is no.. unless it comes with a connector piece to fit inbetween them.

I have both the Atrix and the Bionic and the microUSB plug on the Atrix is inverted(upside down) compared to the Bionic.
    Turns out some folks over at XDA got the Atrix laptop dock working with the Photon, which is also compatible with the bionic doc. It just took a very simple modification. So if it works for the Photon it should work for the Bionic.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyEP3 View Post
    Turns out some folks over at XDA got the Atrix laptop dock working with the Photon, which is also compatible with the bionic doc. It just took a very simple modification. So if it works for the Photon it should work for the Bionic.

There's no way to get this working without a mod. Perhaps the Photon has the same direction ports as the Bionic, but the Atrix hdmi/microUSB is flipped. I just took a pic, look.

Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    There's no way to get this working without a mod. Perhaps the Photon has the same direction ports as the Bionic, but the Atrix hdmi/microUSB is flipped. I just took a pic, look.

Right. Post #8 of the second link I posted shows the mod that I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by cdthomas9
    pop open the connector, its just clicked together at this point. unscrew the metal clip holding the individual connectors to the chassis. the individual connectors can now be manipulated into position for the Photon.

Guy at xda got the Atrix dock working with the Bionic - just had to remove a couple of screws, flip the connector and modify the connector holes. He says he will post pics soon:

Go to post 8 -

This is great but what is the trick? I can fiddle the connectors but when I plug it in the Photon screen goes dark, the laptop display flashes something about HDMI signal and then goes black with the round red batwing logo floating around the screen.

What am I missing?

Thannks

The lapdock is now only $50 if you order it from AT&T's website, I just ordered one to use with my Bionic

I have a lapdock for the Atrix 4G and just got an Atrix 2. It doesn't fit in the lapdock I have. Does anyone know if there is a way to adapt it to fit the Atrix 2?
    Thanks
    Steve

ROM
    .232 ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by stevetie View Post
    I have a lapdock for the Atrix 4G and just got an Atrix 2. It doesn't fit in the lapdock I have. Does anyone know if there is a way to adapt it to fit the Atrix 2?
    Thanks
    Steve
    What orientation are your connectors in? More than likely it'll just be a quick fix with a screwdriver and a sharp tool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Something like this might work