extended battery case

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if there are any hard cases for the bionic with the extended battery case?
I don't like the clip on one very much and havent seen any other cases for this..

thakns

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately. Its a decent case but the fact that it leaves the top and bottom completely bare really sucks. From most other people's posts we could be waiting quite some time for another option

I've no issue with the extent to which the case covers the phone.

LrdAnkh#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have written to Cellet, and they have answered me back that they are looking into making one, as soon as I hear more form them I will let you know since they have promised to keep me posted. I have tried to impress the fact that there are none out there and that most Bionic users are opting for the extended battery so I have a good feeling something will come very soon.

Cvballa3g0

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I also have the shell holster combo. I don't use the clip (not my cup of tea) but the case and texture feels awesome in the hand, fits the extended battery, and the kickstand was the main reason i got the case. I wasn't going to buy the extended battery, but i got it because the case supported it and might as well fill the free space.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
When I bought my shell/holster case the salesman showed it fitting in the night stand dock when you remove the insert. Does the car dock have an insert you can remove?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I like the Vz case for the extended battery and have no issues with it being open at the top and bottom - but I don't generally have it in a situation where damage could occur (other than dropping it). It does have a nice feel to it and I really like the holster (slim and efficient). The Bionic is hard to pull out of the case, so I glued a small layer of felt at the bottom edge of the holster to keep the Bionic from going the last 1/8th inch. Still held firmly in the case, but not so tough to get out.

Wish they made the case in colors. The Bionic is awfully BLACK when the screen is off. I've accidentally left it places because it sort of blends in to the scenery, being so dark. But, for the extended battery size, there aren't any other options as yet. :(

Reactions: BBSeattle

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
). The Bionic is hard to pull out of the case, so I glued a small layer of felt at the bottom edge of the holster to keep the Bionic from going the last 1/8th inch. Still held firmly in the case, but not so tough to get out.

Wish they made the case in colors. The Bionic is awfully BLACK when the screen is off. I've accidentally left it places because it sort of blends in to the scenery, being so dark. But, for the extended battery size, there aren't any other options as yet. :(

I tried a small piece of felt to see if it would allow the phone to still remain secure. it doesn't, and it was a very tiny piece. I suggest treading lightly if one chooses to prevent the phone from seating fully in the holster. having the phone fall out when getting in/out of vehicles is something I've had happen and my previous phones took a beating from falling to the pavement.

I agree about black being hard to see.

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Me too! I have actually been looking at universal leather cases just to get me by.

I wonder if this one would fit...

Col. Littleton
Looks like it could possible work, but I personally have zero interest in it.

I honestly have only used my extended battery twice, mainly because I do not have a case to carry it around with.

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I seriously can't believe we still only have the one ugly vzw case available for the extended battery. I would have thought there would be several by now. I haven't dropped my phone once yet I still managed to get a little chip just below the vzw logo on the bottom, I need a cool ex. battery hard case!

CobbFC09

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I seriously can't believe we still only have the one ugly vzw case available for the extended battery. I would have thought there would be several by now. I haven't dropped my phone once yet I still managed to get a little chip just below the vzw logo on the bottom, I need a cool ex. battery hard case!
I'm starting to wonder whether or not one will ever be made.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user