lapdock 100 - compatible or not?

droidianslip

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
So today the lapdock 100 is available through verizon for $199.98 or less if you can get a discount.

I went to the verizon store and plugged in my bionic and it seemed to be working fine.

I went on line to the verizon store to order it so that I could get my corporate discount and the verizon online store says it is not compatible with the bionic, only with the razr

Set Your Location

Motorola's page for the lapdock 100 only lists the razr and the photon 4g as compatible

Lapdock 100 - Compatibility - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

But I just went to the store and used it on my bionic - firefox worked I could also open my phone windows, etc. was actually pretty impressed with it

so what gives Moto/VZW is the bionic supported? or is this just another big !$!#@ you to the bionic owners?

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
One big advantage is the potential discount. I get 25% off on accessories because of my employer. I put it in my online shopping cart to test it and it applied the discount. I got my Bionic the day it came out and was ready to buy a lapdock (original one) for $199 (includes the $100 Rebate) but I could only get the rebate if I went to one of the ridiculous tiered plans. They also said that the accessory discount could not be applied to it so I passed on it. A lapdock 100 for $150 (or lapdock 500 for $225) is sounding better. They just need to get the details straight on compatibility.

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The price ends in 97, were you able to get the corporate discount on it?

That sounds like what happened with the original dock. The only other products with 97 are Apple. I tried putting the original lapdock in my cart and it did not apply the discount as it did for the 100.

minniemouse27

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I went to the VW store at lunchtime.

My Bionic definitely worked just fine w/ it. The VW guy told me that all of their information says ONLY the Razor but he was the one who hooked my phone up to it and pronounced it was just fine. He's going to send messages to the appropriate people so the information can be corrected.

I confirmed that the dock is NOT an item that can be discounted. I was told that this was determined by the manufacturer.

I was also told that the Lapdock 500 was the original Bionic dock. I'm not all that sure that he knew what he was talking about.

Still contemplating if I want this or not.

droidianslip

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
fwiw - I am seeing discount on both the dock 100 and dock 500 (although the 500 shows out of stock) when I shop online logged into my account which has 25% corp discount on accessories.

I don't see the discount on the original bionic dock though.

weird

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance