Extended battery charge issue

Keith Kinty

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I've seen other threads about charging issues with the extended battery, but not this. About five months back I bought a used Bionic from my company for a great price. Since the phone was my bosses I knew it was well taken care of but I immediately noticed terrible battery life. Since he's on his phone all day I figured the battery was just dying so I replaced it with a new one, but the battery life was still terrible. After dealing with charging it several times a day I figured I'd just buy the Motorola (not aftermarket) extended battery.

Now, this battery is great but I have one problem: If the charge is below 50% when I first plug it in it will not charge beyond 50%. I need to unplug the charger and plug it back in so the battery continues charging. I don't believe this is a battery issue because if it was, it wouldn't continue charging. I'm sure there's some code in the phone that is set to measure battery data based on the standard battery. Is there some file I need to delete or a software app I can get that will fix this?

Last edited:

Trifool

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you attempted to go into Recovery to clean out the cache? There was also a zip file that would reset of the memory of the battery charge if you were running ICS. I'm sure that you can find one for Jellybean. Hope this helps.....

I have another issue concerning charging a battery. I have aloud my battery to run down to the levels between 10-15%the past 3 days. I then shut the phone off to charge the battery. When the battery charge reaches 70-80%, it will then jump to 100%. I then let it sit for another 20-30 minutes before I turn it on. Once turned on and done cycling, the battery meter will read 96%. I will leave the USB cord in for a few minutes and it will charge back up to 100%.

If this only happened to one of my batteries I would say it is time for a new battery. I have 2 batteries, regular and extra capacity, and this issue will happen no matter which battery is in the phone. The regular battery is only a couple months old, so it's not old.

If there are any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci