bionicroot.png

Droid Bionic is Rooted

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Droid Bionic is Rooted!

Wohooo!!!!! Wireless Tether here I come.. lol

weeeeee!

Sorry, I'm new to the whole Android scene, Chevy, what do you use for wireless tether? PDAnet? I heard VZW was crackign down on non-plan tethering...

I picked up one of those firesale TouchPads and having free wireless tether would be awesome!

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

weeeeee!

Sorry, I'm new to the whole Android scene, Chevy, what do you use for wireless tether? PDAnet? I heard VZW was crackign down on non-plan tethering...

I picked up one of those firesale TouchPads and having free wireless tether would be awesome!

Its just called 'Wireless Tether' in the android market. Lets you do bluetooth or WiFi ad-hoc connection to a laptop or 'whatever can do ad-hoc' and share internet.
Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether

PDAnet is free, but not if you want HTTPS access. 'Wireless Tether' has no limits.

I've also had good luck with 'Barnacle'
Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=net.szym.barnacle

Reactions: clearrants

sfay93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

AWESOME NEWS!!! I was wondering how long it would be before I could use tethering too.

@Clearrants: Wireless Tether for root users is what I have used in the past.

Reactions: clearrants

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Its just called 'Wireless Tether' in the android market. Lets you do bluetooth or WiFi ad-hoc connection to a laptop or 'whatever can do ad-hoc' and share internet.
Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether

PDAnet is free, but not if you want HTTPS access. 'Wireless Tether' has no limits.

I've also had good luck with 'Barnacle'
Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=net.szym.barnacle

AWESOME NEWS!!! I was wondering how long it would be before I could use tethering too.

@Clearrants: Wireless Tether for root users is what I have used in the past.

Thanks guys! I'm even more excited for Thursday now!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Well this is certainly welcome news. Now, let's see if they can get that bootloader unlocked. :D

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this! Now I'm even more excited to get my Bionic!! Few more days!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

You can bet a one click will be out for it before it's even released on the 8th. I wouldn't worry too much. This is great news for those of us that use titanium backup, though. It'll make moving to the Bionic so much easier. :D

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Of course I'll want to make sure there is a way to backup and unroot, if necessary. Coming from an Eris we had the recovery console and a Nand backup. Does Motorola have something similar?

Reactions: sethjk

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
That's why I had been keeping a close eye on the Droid 3. I just knew that the Droid 3 was going to be a great guinea pig for the Bionic. Alright you Droid 3 hackers. Get to work on getting us potential Bionic users clockwork recovery before we get our phone. Another thing I hoping we get soon after is an official .sbf for the bionic. The D3 hasn't seen one yet except for that chinese version that will brick the phone. Oh yeah an unlocked bootloader but i'm not holding my breath on that one anytime soon.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

Yup! I knew it wouldn't take long.

Be careful with wireless tether you could get zapped with large fees and / or fines.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

Yup! I knew it wouldn't take long.

Be careful with wireless tether you could get zapped with large fees and / or fines.

I agree. Its getting 'dangerous'. I rarely use it... just if I happen to get paged and I need to "dial-in" to VPN using my laptop to fix a problem on our servers when i'm away from home.

Honestly, thats what I plan on using the Lapdock and my citrix connnection for in the future, So Wireless tether is a thing of the past for me, in most cases.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Hell, I really don't want or really need to use tethering in any way - I just would like to zap that unremovable up-your-arseware that VZW forces onto OUR phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt