Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Droid Bionic: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted

I've went thru the list and froze apps with TiBackup Pro... so in theory this should make my phone run quicker if the apps are automatically running on boot?

Thanks for the writeup also.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

u need to change at the top it will say mount/rw press that and it changes to mount r/o then u can move it ,

ROM
    Gummy Charged GB

Looking for some help - running liberty rom and need to put the stock VVM app back somehow. I have tried installing the orinal apk with no success. Any help will be apprieceted.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

You need to put the apk for VVM into system/apps with root explorer and then change the permissions as listed in OP. I am not sure if it will work with a custom rom or not. Haven't tried it myself on a custom rom.

ROM
    Gummy Charged GB

Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    You need to put the apk for VVM into system/apps with root explorer and then change the permissions as listed in OP. I am not sure if it will work with a custom rom or not. Haven't tried it myself on a custom rom.
    thanks for the reply -

yes I have tried doing the root explorer copy and permissions with no success.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

VVM may be incompatible with the rom then, I am not sure.

ROM
    Gummy Charged GB

Yea I agree thanks for the reply.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

No problem

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

"Do not remove any file starting with VzWBA (related to Verizon Backup Manager). Your Bionic may possibly croak. It has happened in the past, so until I get further verification that removal does not cause issues, I am not placing it in the safe to remove category."

But yet the first three files on the first list are such files. What am I missing

Removing VZW Backup assistant will keep you from being able to update manually or ota.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

I actually would NOT delete or remove any apps from the Bionic. It was hell trying to fix my phone to be able to receive updates. I removed somethings by accident....I froze some apps and then forgot to unfreeze before I did a factory restore. I don't even freeze apps now, I just hide them with a launcher like GO Ex or Adw Ex. I just leave stock as it is.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Anything new found that can be frozen or removed?

This may have been answered but really dont feel like looking through this whole forum so sorry if it was said
    1. If i freeze all the social stuff will that affect any of the apps i would use (messages Facebook app ect.)
    2. if someone could either link or just type what the main like stock apps that just kill your battery i could care less if they took up the storage but i do care about battery so if anyone could just write the apps to freeze to save battery life.
    Thanks

how do I install the bloatware apps that I deleted? I want to reinstall then and just freeze them? I don't have an sd card.

Hi,

I have tried this by moving an app file, from /system/app to the SD card, The app disappears from the app drawer, but after moving back the app from SD card to the /system/app, it is not showing in the app drawer and also not giving any popup that allows to change permissions.

Please guide me...

I'm using HTC Desire handset and the appl used is "Root Explorer"

Friends,

Any suggestion and guidance ???

Dears, please your support

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

I'm using TB to freeze rather than move apps, but share the difficulty that others are experiencing when it comes to identifying them in TB's fairly cryptic list. If I had my druthers, I'd like to freeze the following:

• Google+
    • Local
    • Messenger
    • Mobile Hotspot

I'd also still like to find a way to keep frozen apps from trying to update. There are now 15 apps that come up at least once a day to ask for an update, and it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by WebOS Refugee View Post
    I'm using TB to freeze rather than move apps, but share the difficulty that others are experiencing when it comes to identifying them in TB's fairly cryptic list. If I had my druthers, I'd like to freeze the following:

• Google+
    • Local
    • Messenger
    • Mobile Hotspot

I'd also still like to find a way to keep frozen apps from trying to update. There are now 15 apps that come up at least once a day to ask for an update, and it's annoying.
    Just go into Google Play settings and uncheck notify me when apps are available for update. Thats what I did now no more pop ups daily at least.

ROM
    Stock, rooted JB

Quote Originally Posted by Burdmann View Post
    Just go into Google Play settings and uncheck notify me when apps are available for update. Thats what I did now no more pop ups daily at least.
    Thanks. I don't mind the notifications so much as the fact that apps continue to ask for updates even though they're frozen.

ROM
    Hellybean 8/20

Hi Cory, I tried to download the bionic apps from the link you posted on the first page, but it sends me to sign a petition. Is there anywhere else i can download it? or is it possible you can send me the file?

Thank you for your time.

Thumbs down Re: Droid Bionic: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted

Why does this link take me to some sign up sheet against Hollywood. This is bogus.

"All original Bionic system app files can be downloaded from here. See notes below if you need to reinstall something from this zip."
    Your link: The Internet vs. Hollywood

so, i deleted VZWPhoneService.apk because i was told to cause i was having a minor issue and was only running the phone via wifi while im deployed overseas. well, i factory reset my phone later and i feel that this app being gone is causing my problems that im now having, it wont recognize any sim card for activation. and so i cant activate my phone or use it in any way. is there any way to put this file back on my phone via my computer since i cant exactly use root explorer right now?

Is there a current list of items that are safe to freeze/remove from JB? It looks like the list that started this thread is completely missing.

bump
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234