Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 193
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #101  
    FNETHAN's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by LDubs View Post
    ask and ye shall receive - if you're on 5.5.893 OS, there are a couple of ways to do this -

    this, Updated and lost root? 1 click root is working

    and/or, go over to rootzwiki and do a search for ROTA893 from user realbbb. Both of them are known to work.

    If you're on a Mac, go to the rootzwiki thread "Released..." and download the latest "bionicrestorer" from CRPeck - this works as well on 893 (I can personally vouch for this one).

    So all is not lost....
    THANK YOU for the quick response, going to check it out now =D
  2. #102  
    FNETHAN's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by LDubs View Post
    ask and ye shall receive - if you're on 5.5.893 OS, there are a couple of ways to do this -

    this, Updated and lost root? 1 click root is working

    and/or, go over to rootzwiki and do a search for ROTA893 from user realbbb. Both of them are known to work.

    If you're on a Mac, go to the rootzwiki thread "Released..." and download the latest "bionicrestorer" from CRPeck - this works as well on 893 (I can personally vouch for this one).

    So all is not lost....
    Searched rota893 found his root, download, followed the simple instructions (never rooted before) and bam, all done!!!!! <3 lol kind of excited. I really appreciate the help, seriously. Is the an app I need to download to freeze or remove bloatware???
  3. #103  
    LDubs's Avatar

    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

    Default

    Titanium backup pro. Totally worth the price.

    Tapatalked from my Bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!
    Thanked by:
    FNETHAN likes this.
  4. #104  
    FNETHAN's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by LDubs View Post
    Titanium backup pro. Totally worth the price.

    Tapatalked from my Bionic
    Purchased Titanium backup pro, you're soooooo right, defiantly worth the 6 or 7 bucks or whatever i paid for it. Apps frozen, deleted, installed TOR and TOR browser too =D You have been a ton of help, I posted on another thread and got some guy just trolling telling me to read above and offered no help. I now have a rooted bionic and backup pro =D happy!!!!
  5. #105  
    LDubs's Avatar

    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

    Default

    Um... that was me.

    Tapatalked from my Bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!
  6. #106  
    FNETHAN's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by LDubs View Post
    Um... that was me.

    Tapatalked from my Bionic
    lol ummmmmm,,,,, errrrrrr,,,,,,im an a** =D You were a help on this thread, just not on the other one haha Thanks for you help, I apologize and give you 1000+ internets =)
  7. #107  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Verizon actually checks if your phone is rooted?
  8. #108  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    I have a droid bionic and i have been trying to root it with the one click root on a mac. But it is not working.is it another way to root my phone. I need help asap. I'm useing a mac. Thank you.
  9. #109  
    FNETHAN's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by eazyigz View Post
    Verizon actually checks if your phone is rooted?
    NO, they cannot tell OTA if its rooted but if you have a problem with it they might be able to tell if its rooted when you actually bring it into their store, depending on how smart your Verizon tech is =D
  10. #110  
    mud.pony's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Soooo.... with .902 out now who has the root for that???? Im a newbie rooter. Had my DroidX Rooted and recently have upgraded to the Bionic. Now I wanna root that, but just got this .902 update & from what I see everyone is saying there is no root for this one yet??

    remember I'm a newbie, so spell it out for me till I grasp all this new lingo I'm a techy gal but no formal training. Thanks!
  11. #111  
    superstar1213's Avatar

    Posts
    198 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    I'd like to know as well, just received update and want to root.
  12. #112  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by superstar1213 View Post
    I'd like to know as well, just received update and want to root.
    Right with you, I HAD it rooted and was planning on installing a different ROM today, imagine my surprise when I went to run Titanium Backup and whammo, no root access.. Blew my day
  13. #113  
    FNETHAN's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by Striker840 View Post
    Right with you, I HAD it rooted and was planning on installing a different ROM today, imagine my surprise when I went to run Titanium Backup and whammo, no root access.. Blew my day
    Depends on how savvy you are, but you can downgrade, root and upgrade in about an hour (maybe 1hr30min) if its worth it to you. Ive found an AWESOME tutorial over on droidforums and it has easy and working step by step instructions on how to do it. (his root doesnt work but I can tell you whos does and where to get it) If youre interested let me know I dont know if I can post links and such without being banned/kicked from this site
  14. #114  
    mud.pony's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Talking Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    No need to go thru all that yall. Copinli posted in another thread this link:

    http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

    This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

    Just have TB installed & ready then use this link to root .902!!!

    And then you can freeze or get rid of all this new bloat they put in.

    This took less than 5 minutes to install on my bionic.
    Thanked by 3:
    sardar615 likes this.
  15. #115  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalNdn View Post
    No need to go thru all that yall. Copinli posted in another thread this link:

    http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

    This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

    Just have TB installed & ready then use this link to root .902!!!

    And then you can freeze or get rid of all this new bloat they put in.

    This took less than 5 minutes to install on my bionic.
    Since I've never rooted, before I embark on this, I would just like to understand the procedure:

    Do I need Titanium Backup or Titanium Backup Pro?
    Set the Phone to USB Debugging and then execute "run.bat" once the zip file is uncompressed?
    That's it???

    Thanks. -- Roy
  16. #116  
    mud.pony's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noisemaker View Post
    Since I've never rooted, before I embark on this, I would just like to understand the procedure:

    Do I need Titanium Backup or Titanium Backup Pro?
    Set the Phone to USB Debugging and then execute "run.bat" once the zip file is uncompressed?
    That's it???

    Thanks. -- Roy
    Get the titanium backup pro. Its worth every penny plus some! Install it before you root. I also installed dropbox for back up purposes as Titanium syncs with it. I also installed busybox as titanium recommends it. Follow the instructions at the begining of this thread just using this root. It has helped me alot. Im kind of a newbie rooter.

    Follow the basic instructions of rooting. Set your usb connect to charge only, turn on debugging mode.

    Its been running fantastic for me!
  17. #117  

    Default

    remove
  18. #118  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalNdn View Post
    No need to go thru all that yall. Copinli posted in another thread this link:

    http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

    This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

    Just have TB installed & ready then use this link to root .902!!!

    And then you can freeze or get rid of all this new bloat they put in.

    This took less than 5 minutes to install on my bionic.
    Thanks for the info.

    Just got the Droid Bionic last week, though I have rooted other devices.

    Will this root work on a 64 bit XP machine? I noticed the other root tool at the beginning of this thread uses different files for 32 and 64 bit, and I don't want to brick my new phone.

    Love the phone, BTW.


    Update: took a risk, and it worked. Phone rooted. Ahhhhhh....
  19. #119  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    So I've seen people mentioning downloading different applications in order to back up or do other things for the bionic for the rooting process or post-rooting. I've never rooted anything before but i understand the concept, I was wondering if it actually does cost anything to download any of these apps or if there was a place to get them from online for free or something
  20. #120  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Ok so the third step of petes program said it failed i downloaded some new support files and it still didnt work. If someone could provide specifics on what to do rather than "follow what it says" that would be awesome
  21. #121  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalNdn View Post
    No need to go thru all that yall. Copinli posted in another thread this link:

    http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

    This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

    Just have TB installed & ready then use this link to root .902!!!

    And then you can freeze or get rid of all this new bloat they put in.

    This took less than 5 minutes to install on my bionic.
    Worked for me....THANKS!!
  22. #122  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by siciliansoccer55 View Post
    Ok so the third step of petes program said it failed i downloaded some new support files and it still didnt work. If someone could provide specifics on what to do rather than "follow what it says" that would be awesome
    Use the other root suggested by the other members

    http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

    worked for me w/no issues
  23. #123  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    i dont know if i mentioned this before but ive never done anything like this at all ever, so do you just put those files in that zip into the "support files" folder of the other one, or is there an executeable im supposed to use in there that does it for you?
  24. #124  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    ok i didnt know that the .bat file was the executable, i double clicked that and i followed its instructions and we'll see what happens
  25. #125  

    Default Re: How to Root the Droid Bionic

    Quote Originally Posted by siciliansoccer55 View Post
    i dont know if i mentioned this before but ive never done anything like this at all ever, so do you just put those files in that zip into the "support files" folder of the other one, or is there an executeable im supposed to use in there that does it for you?
    1. Download and install Motorola Drivers on your PC Download Here
    2. Download the zip file http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip
    3. Unzip all the files into one folder
    4. Connect your phone to your PC via USB
    5. Confirm USB debugging is enabled on your phone
    a. Goto to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
    6. In the folder where you unzipped the files, double-click the "run.bat" file
    7. Follow the onscreen instructions, and let the program do the rest.

    Process should take no more that 5 - 10 minutes.
    Phone will reboot twice, to confirm that your phone is rooted, look for a new app called "SuperUser"

    I would always advise you to backup your phone before doing this as a precaution, but if done right, you won't lose anything.

    Hope this helps
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions