Rom Manager Device

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried to do a backup with Rom Manager. It gave a list of devices and Bionic was not one of them. I selected Atrix 4G because it was the closest. When I tried to do a backuo it gave me the yellow exclamation point when it tried to reboot. Any suggestions?

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried to do a backup with Rom Manager. It gave a list of devices and Bionic was not one of them. I selected Atrix 4G because it was the closest. When I tried to do a backuo it gave me the yellow exclamation point when it tried to reboot. Any suggestions?

Not to be too snarky, but why would try this on a $600 phone when we barely have root and no safety net SBF file?

I know rooting and ROMing is fun as I found out with my Eris. The difference is I had a functional recovery console and files to bring me back from the dead, if need be.

I have read at least a dozen threads on different sites of people being a "bull in a china shop" and screwing up files to the point they had bricked or severely hamstrung their Bionic. I have zero sympathy for them. Of course, then they commit fraud and return the smoldering mess to Verizon for a replacement. Idiots.

I mean, go ahead and be brave with uncompatible apps. Just please don't be a jerk and fraudulantly exchange a phone YOU screwed up.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

You cant do this. There is no custom recovery yet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Not to be too snarky, but why would try this on a $600 phone when we barely have root and no safety net SBF file?

I know rooting and ROMing is fun as I found out with my Eris. The difference is I had a functional recovery console and files to bring me back from the dead, if need be.

I have read at least a dozen threads on different sites of people being a "bull in a china shop" and screwing up files to the point they had bricked or severely hamstrung their Bionic. I have zero sympathy for them. Of course, then they commit fraud and return the smoldering mess to Verizon for a replacement. Idiots.

I mean, go ahead and be brave with uncompatible apps. Just please don't be a jerk and fraudulantly exchange a phone YOU screwed up.

Thanks Snarky.

thepainweaver

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. All I can say is atrix was a bad choice, sorry, 'Mr obvious' I know. You should have tried D3 if you wanted to test the waters. It seems to be a similar build to the bionic having the same exploit for root and all.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of brave souls that are guinipigs, as there are for EVERY new phone. You might just have to hold off for a bit. I'm sure its fixable though. Usually, you are not permabricked unless you deleted files w/o a nandroid back up or flashed a rom wrong.

As far as snarky's comment, pay no attention to this guy. He just gives people **** in the root forum and offers no advice, blaming rooters for high phone prices and calls them fraudulent, morons, etc.

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. All I can say is atrix was a bad choice, sorry, 'Mr obvious' I know. You should have tried D3 if you wanted to test the waters. It seems to be a similar build to the bionic having the same exploit for root and all.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of brave souls that are guinipigs, as there are for EVERY new phone. You might just have to hold off for a bit. I'm sure its fixable though. Usually, you are not permabricked unless you deleted files w/o a nandroid back up or flashed a rom wrong.

As far as snarky's comment, pay no attention to this guy. He just gives people **** in the root forum and offers no advice, blaming rooters for high phone prices and calls them fraudulent, morons, etc.

No harm done. I just rebooted it and it was OK. I don't plan on using Rom Manager until I have a good reason to. It seems as though as long as you are stock, you may as well do a factory reset and use TB to restore everything.

As far as Mr. Loud Mouth Snarky goes, I am sure he lives in his mother's darkened basement and comes out once a week to look for something to complain about.

Thanks for being stand up..

One furthur note, Root Call Blocker has a bug that takes down 3g/4g. Ther only way to get it back was to uninstall the app. I don't know if it is a Bionic or a 4g issue. I wrote the dev but he has not responded. He probably lives in his mother's basement.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams