My biggest reason for rooting.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Last night I discovered that something was wrong with my Bionics hdmi port. When plugged into a TV, half of the screen was covered in static. Tried different cables and a different TV with the same results, so I ran a fresh titanium backup of and all apps and data. This morning I went to Verizon and got the phone replaced. I went home, plugged into a PC, rooted, downloaded titanium and 15 minutes later all of my apps and their settings were on my phone and ready to go. The only thing it didn't handle was my custom ringtones. It even got the custom searches I created in Google PlacesI'd guess it would have taken me 2 or 3 hours to get it set up without root/titanium. The whole lack of a complete backup is the only failing I see in the Android world. Well, that and the st upid robot voice for navigation.

Last edited:

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Last night I discovered that something was wrong with my Bionics hdmi port. When plugged into a TV, half of the screen was covered in static. Tried different cables and a different TV with the same results, so I ran a fresh titanium backup of and all apps and data. This morning I went to Verizon and got the phone replaced. I went home, plugged into a PC, rooted, downloaded titanium and 15 minutes later all of my apps and their settings were on my phone and ready to go. The only thing it didn't handle was my custom ringtones. It even got the custom searches I created in Google PlacesI'd guess it would have taken me 2 or 3 hours to get it set up without root/titanium. The whole lack of a complete backup is the only failing I see in the Android world. Well, that and the st upid robot voice for navigation.

I guess the fact that you rooted and torked around with the .apks had nothing to do with your porked phone. You screw your phone then expect Verizon to cover for you. Thanks for keeping prices up.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No douche bag, I discovered the hdmi issue, then rooted to back everything up. The only thing I root for is backup. I have no concern with bloat ware, I just ignore it.

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This TeeSquar guy seems to be a whining troll. Multiple threads he is complaining about Verizon returns from rooting... is someone hurting your stock price or are you that concerned with Verizon's finances?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just finished rooting to get rid of some bloatware, but I read that rooting will also fix my battery widget. Before rooting, the widget only displayed the percentage in 10% increments. Rooting didn't change it though. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Droid Bionic

thepainweaver

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess the fact that you rooted and torked around with the .apks had nothing to do with your porked phone. You screw your phone then expect Verizon to cover for you. Thanks for keeping prices up.

What does a rooted phone have to do with Verizon's product pricing and business model? Dude, you need to take off your tinfoil hat and lay off the crack. Also, I (or anyone else to that matter) has (or should) the right to do whatever they want to a device they have purchased.

I'm sure you're not butthurt because you didnt derp your phone trying to root it in the past and Verizon laughed at you.

Last edited:

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I just finished rooting to get rid of some bloatware, but I read that rooting will also fix my battery widget. Before rooting, the widget only displayed the percentage in 10% increments. Rooting didn't change it though. Any thoughts?

That I think is a Motorola thing. The Droid 2 and the X do the same thing.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
What does a rooted phone have to do with Verizon's product pricing and business model? Dude, you need to take off your tinfoil hat and lay off the crack. Also, I (or anyone else to that matter) has (or should) the right to do whatever they want to a device they have purchased.

I'm sure you're not butthurt because you didnt derp your phone trying to root it in the past and Verizon laughed at you.

Your totally wrong.........they haven't made tin foil since before ww2, its most likely aluminium foil

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Rooting wont help with this because like other poster reported its a Motorola thing but you can always download a app from market that will read the battery in 1% increments but keep in mind that these apps estimate the battery percentage but they still work well.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
OK, just noticed my first problem (probably because of rooting)...

When I attempt to look at the contact details for someone in my address book I get the following error:

"The application Contacts Storage has stopped unexpectedly"

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Found the problem... It was, in fact, something I froze. There are a number of "authenticators" used by MotoBlur. DO NOT freeze ANY of them.

a6f80a65-a2f5-4c32.jpg

Last edited:

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

When I attempt to look at the contact details for someone in my address book I get the following error:

Any thoughts?

Maybe something your froze/deleted after rooting? Just to sure I understand what you're referring to, you mean that if you launch Contacts, then scroll down to one and touch it, you get that error? It doesn't happen on my phone.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Any thoughts?

I had this happen to me. Found out it was something that I had frozen through Titanium Backup. I suggest reading the guide on what apps are safe to freeze or use the TBH app to download the Bionic toolbox that will freeze the correct bloateware for you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams