[ROM] UNL3ASH3D V1.0 [BLURRY] MOTO Kernel (09/22/2011)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Seeing folks go for the forever root method, I dug in and just completed it. I think I will wait for 2.1 before re-blurr3ding.

I went a slightly different method than you guys:
FBZ with RSDLite 5.5 --> Pete's Root Method --> Forever Root --> p3s supplied OTA file which I renamed update.zip and flash recovered.

I apparently didn't screw it up as I have root. Unfortunately I still have no camera or camcorder, so I can't test if those components got upgraded with 893. I will either have to use the ones from Unl3ash3d 2.1 when its released or 3rd party apps for that.

I will test it rooted / stock for a day or two to see how it works.

I'm glad that worked, yeah I just went with what seemed to be the most popular method and I'm good now. Surprised the flash back to stock didn't restore your camera/camcorder though? Shouldn't that be part of the stock image? If you don't want to wait you could always grab that MIUI camera app, I used it before and it works fantastic and very easy to install
[MOD] MIUI Camera (No FFC option yet) - xda-developers

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Complete success. Just FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!! Not even a single brick. .893 perma root and 2.0 theory!! Thanks so much guys!!

Congrats... not too difficult right? Amazing how many people are having trouble because they can't follow directions :) Proud to say I haven't bricked once in my life yet, lol

Should cross my fingers as I'm sure I just jinxed myself there ;)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Congrats... not too difficult right? Amazing how many people are having trouble because they can't follow directions :) Proud to say I haven't bricked once in my life yet, lol

Should cross my fingers as I'm sure I just jinxed myself there ;)

Bricked mine as soon as I tried to forever root it. Didn't care to check the permissions before hand...then I was kind of forced to afterwards. It wasn't too bad...just had to reboot Fastboot and reinstall the stock ROM real quick and try again...I knew what I was doing...just being lazy. Moral of the story...you're not smarter than the developer lol, follow his directions.

Anyways...TH3ORY has been teasing Ice Cream Sandwich in a new version of the ROM all day, and it looks awesome from what I can tell from the pictures...but he was saying it would be up this morning...it's almost 9PM here now. I want me some ICS love!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol yeah I'm stuck following all day as well.. it looks to me like they are going to be very light touches of ICS.. I think he said like checkboxes and stuff like that, Idk might be surprised :) I'm sure either way it will be cool. Think I'm offically a ROMing crack addict at this point..

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol yeah I'm stuck following all day as well.. it looks to me like they are going to be very light touches of ICS.. I think he said like checkboxes and stuff like that, Idk might be surprised :) I'm sure either way it will be cool. Think I'm offically a ROMing crack addict at this point..

Normally I wouldn't be going crazy like this...but this update looks more promising than the last...he even added some really cool notification bar toggles now, and I think it scrolls left to right to allow more to be fit in. AGH I REALLY WANT THIS NOW XD

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
yeah I am gonna be a sad panda when the nexus comes out and Th3ory moves to that device. Hes really good at baking Roms. Reminds me of the cookers on the BlackBerry when people used to mess with foreign leaks of code to try and make their og storms actually work....

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I hear that... I might try to sell my bionic and move to the nexus if th3ory does that. As LoL as that sounds, his work has done such wonders for the bionic I can't imagine not having him around to do sick things to my phone haha.

EDIT: just caught your sad panda reference... nice ;)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Jesus.. th3ory went all out with the latest CREAM add-on... Ton of ICS details/fonts/icons/menus... scrollable toggles in the notifcation bar.. and he said a lot of system files are updated to be faster/smoother/etc as well.. basically its like a 2.1 update that you don't have to do a full wipe to get running. Just wipe cache and dalvik and flash it. Jump on it guys :)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Jesus.. th3ory went all out with the latest CREAM add-on... Ton of ICS details/fonts/icons/menus... scrollable toggles in the notifcation bar.. and he said a lot of system files are updated to be faster/smoother/etc as well.. basically its like a 2.1 update that you don't have to do a full wipe to get running. Just wipe cache and dalvik and flash it. Jump on it guys :)

It's a full port, not just a skin... " THIS IS THE TH3ORY CR3AM IC3 CR3AM SANDWICH ADD-ON FOR [R3]BLURR3D V2.0PBX. This is a FULL port of Android Ice Cream Sandwich, along with all MODDED APK's, Tweaks, Fonts, and Scrollable Toggles."

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I should have put 2.0 back on after 893 radio/band days ago. Th3ory announced that 2.0 will be the base requiring a full wipe and everything beyond will be a flashable zip pak. So wiping cache/davik only. I am back on 2.0 and will apply scr3am update when my phone charges a bit more.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Idk about the "full port" of ICS, but regardless the update is awesome. And its fantastic that his new method will be the Th3oryPaks that won't require us to wipe data for every new install... but I was just getting really good at restoring all my stuff in minimal time.. I'm almost strangely disappointed. Maybe I'll just wipe for the fun of it now :p jk

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I successfully restored from 2 soft bricks on the 893 radio yesterday. P3droids bionic toolbox and 2.0/scr3am didn't play nice. But everything is up and running now. The devs have really done a bang up job on the bionic and this phone is great but I wonder if this isn't pushing me toward a non Moto phone in the future.

Android for me is rapidly becoming about customization and performance tweaks. In the end .. Android is android, but all phones and software are not alike. Moto forces soft bricks on its super users. I only did a little of this with the OG Droid and Droid X. I used to think that rooting was only about being able to tether... But I don't even bother with tether hacks these days. I am enjoying pulling the most out of my device but I am concerned that the dev community is going to make the move to the nexus and there is not going to be enough updates to feed my addiction...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I successfully restored from 2 soft bricks on the 893 radio yesterday. P3droids bionic toolbox and 2.0/scr3am didn't play nice. But everything is up and running now. The devs have really done a bang up job on the bionic and this phone is great but I wonder if this isn't pushing me toward a non Moto phone in the future.

Android for me is rapidly becoming about customization and performance tweaks. In the end .. Android is android, but all phones and software are not alike. Moto forces soft bricks on its super users. I only did a little of this with the OG Droid and Droid X. I used to think that rooting was only about being able to tether... But I don't even bother with tether hacks these days. I am enjoying pulling the most out of my device but I am concerned that the dev community is going to make the move to the nexus and there is not going to be enough updates to feed my addiction...

Agree.. th3ory and dhacker stated they are strongly considering moving to the g-nex and I imagine a lot of devs will also.. its a shame because the bionic really is fantastic hardware and I don't want to have to sell it and cough up money to move to the g-nex so soon but I might have to also if all the great devs switch to it. I still think the bionic's radios are going to beat the g-nex's... cell reception, battery life are going to be tough to beat. Plus no external sd cards on the nexus? Ughhh... Lol I never would have guessed a month ago that dev support would be a huge factor in determining what phone I use :)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Agree.. th3ory and dhacker stated they are strongly considering moving to the g-nex and I imagine a lot of devs will also.. its a shame because the bionic really is fantastic hardware and I don't want to have to sell it and cough up money to move to the g-nex so soon but I might have to also if all the great devs switch to it. I still think the bionic's radios are going to beat the g-nex's... cell reception, battery life are going to be tough to beat. Plus no external sd cards on the nexus? Ughhh... Lol I never would have guessed a month ago that dev support would be a huge factor in determining what phone I use :)

Yeah never thought I'd not want this phone because of developers...but I would never trade it for the Galaxy Nexus or RAZR...I really REALLY like the hardware on here compared to the others...and I'd much rather keep it. If anything, we'll have a build of CyanogenMod up for us soon, and other big ROMs as well, since we did just get that port of LibertyROM.
In other news...still loving this theme lol. He needs to update and fix the black on black, white on white, but it's not a huge deal, it only does it in a few places, and he said he's working on it. And of course he'll probably do some more awesome stuff with it.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Fix is up for the blacked settings issue from dhacker: [ROM] [R3]BLURR3D V2.0 PBX MOTO Kernel (10/22/2011) - RootzWiki - Page 375

Not sure if that link will work right as I am posting it on my iPad (no haters now). It's in the main thread. Just wipe cache and dalvik and apply the fix. Worked like a charm.

Also it sounds like a new baseband got found with cheesecake that looks like it will be part of the official release from Motorola. It appears to upgrade the LTE in some way. I gotta hand it to Motorola ... They may have a locked bootloader, but they make and update radios like no other manufacturer. As normal I will wait a little while on this one for a zip to get released. I don't want to wipe with everything working well for me.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Took the plunge and installed this ROM last night... Gotta say, I am very impressed!! Everything is so smooth and fast. The theme is simply beautiful! Reminds me of MUI on my Dinc. Much kudos to the Devs on this one!

Just a few questions though.... I tried to power off late last night, but after holding down the power button, the phone simply rebooted. How do I power down?

And second, is there any way to boot into CWM on a cold boot? I held down both volume keys while powering up and I got into the bootloader, but none of those options took me into CWM.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Took the plunge and installed this ROM last night... Gotta say, I am very impressed!! Everything is so smooth and fast. The theme is simply beautiful! Reminds me of MUI on my Dinc. Much kudos to the Devs on this one!

Just a few questions though.... I tried to power off late last night, but after holding down the power button, the phone simply rebooted. How do I power down?

And second, is there any way to boot into CWM on a cold boot? I held down both volume keys while powering up and I got into the bootloader, but none of those options took me into CWM.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Heya Isserman,

Unfortunately you have corrupted something in the install process forcing the phone to reboot off the power button. If I had to guess you tried to apply a 1% battery mod after applying scr3am. That caused that behavior for me also. I unfortunately bricked twice attempting some fixes for that. Best suggestion is go through the process as if you were going to apply the ROM initiall * including a full wipe, format of system, wipe of cache, davik, data. Once 2.0 is restored then apply scr3am normally and do not flash something on top of it at this point. If you do brick, are you on the 886 radio/kernel or have you applied cheesecake or ota 893 versions?

As to the second item, there is a script to bring you into CW version each and every time you boot or reboot. Check out a YouTube video from Tweak my Device in how to apply the script to your ROM. It's actually pretty easy, but Motorola basically puts you into a stock recovery only.

Hope that made some sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2