Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    [K]IN3TX/MIUI

Default [ROM] UNL3ASH3D V1.0 [BLURRY] MOTO Kernel (09/22/2011)

Found this on Rootzwiki today and wanted to share!

)
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM soon for bionic

Smile Re: [ROM] UNL3ASH3D V1.0 [BLURRY] MOTO Kernel (09/22/2011)

ARRRHHHHH!! Can't install fast enough!!

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Default Re: [ROM] UNL3ASH3D V1.0 [BLURRY] MOTO Kernel (09/22/2011)

Exciting! I might try this tonight.

Edit: I went ahead and installed it. My steps

1. Download rom in .zip format
    2. Copied to root directory of SD Card
    3. Checked the MD5 hash
    4. Renamed to update.zip
    5. Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
    6. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    7. Formatted /system
    8. installed zip from /sd card/update.zip

With the method I used. I did retain all my apps and app data, home screen widgets, my wallpaper bluetooth pairings. Everything intact.

First thing I noticed when booting into the rom is the new icons for the battery, signal strenght, and 3g/4g

It is debloated to my satisfaction. There is an app called BIONICBox which show the current roms available to download and has link to clockwork download so nothing good in there for now. Runs very good so far. Haven't even rebooted yet so just now starting an evaluation.
    Last edited by wseyller; 09-22-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    BringItSon likes this.

Think I will wait to see what feedback is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post

3. Checked the MD5 hash
    4. Renamed to update.zip
    7. Formatted /system

With the method I used. I did retain all my apps and app data, home screen widgets, my wallpaper bluetooth pairings. Everything intact.

First thing I noticed when booting into the rom is the new icons for the battery, signal strenght, and 3g/4g

It is debloated to my satisfaction. There is an app called BIONICBox which show the current roms available to download and has link to clockwork download so nothing good in there for now. Runs very good so far. Haven't even rebooted yet so just now starting an evaluation.
    Yes, just follow the dev's instructions and you wont have any problems. Also, in CWR you dont have to rename the file to update.zip. Just move the .zip to your sdcard-ext. You can flash it as whatever the dev has named the file in CWR through install zip from sd card.
    HTC One - T Mobile - DrickDroid 8.0

Does it matter than CWM doesn't have a recovery for the BIONIC yet?

ROM
    Project Elite OG

I always name it update.zip just because of a habit. As mentioned not needed to be renamed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3. Checked the MD5 hash
    4. Renamed to update.zip
    7. Formatted /system

can anyone give me more detailed step by step instruction please?? i am a noob and i dont even get what some of those steps even mean...

btw, i dont mind if i have to format and stuff. i will just back it up and recover anyways.
    Last edited by BringItSon; 09-23-2011 at 07:06 AM.

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Quote Originally Posted by BringItSon View Post
    can anyone give me more detailed step by step instruction please?? i am a noob and i dont even get what some of those steps even mean...

btw, i dont mind if i have to format and stuff. i will just back it up and recover anyways.
    First thing is that you need to make sure that you are rooted and you have fully installed CWM-based clockwork recovery. Know how to reboot into and navigate in clockwork recovery. Using your capacitive buttons. Menu=down, Home=up, Back=back, Search=select. If you haven't done all this yet then research this stuff first.

1. Download the rom from the site linked in the original post. The lastest at the moment is UNL3ASH3D_V1.1_UPDATE_FINAL_SIGNED.zip

2. Do not unzip the file. Leave it as it is.

3. copy this file to your external SD Card. Not the internel memory. Put it in the root directory of your sd card which means do not put it in any folder.

4. Not required but I would suggest checking the MD5 hash to verify the file is good. The MD5 hash is shown under the link to download. You can download a free tool for windows that will verify the MD5 hash for you.

5. Reboot into Clockwork recovery CWM-Based Recovery v4.0.1.5.

6. Select "wipe cache partition" scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

7. select "advanced". then select "wipe dalvik cache" scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

8. may have to use back key to navigate to first tier of menus. select "mounts and storage" then select "format /system" then scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

9. may have to use back key to navigate back to first tier of menus. select "install zip from sdcard"

10. select "choose zip from sdcard" select the file you downloaded. agree or select yes for any prompt to proceed.

11. Once the installation is done then select" reboot the system now"

12. The first boot will take a while so don't worry unless you used a corrupted file or something.
    Thanked by 4:
    BringItSon likes this.

Do you need bootstrap in order to flash this rom?

First thing is that you need to make sure that you are rooted and you have fully installed CWM-based clockwork recovery. Know how to reboot into and navigate in clockwork recovery. Using your capacitive buttons. Menu=down, Home=up, Back=back, Search=select. If you haven't done all this yet then research this stuff first.

1. Download the rom from the site linked in the original post. The lastest at the moment is UNL3ASH3D_V1.1_UPDATE_FINAL_SIGNED.zip

2. Do not unzip the file. Leave it as it is.

3. copy this file to your external SD Card. Not the internel memory. Put it in the root directory of your sd card which means do not put it in any folder.

4. Not required but I would suggest checking the MD5 hash to verify the file is good. The MD5 hash is shown under the link to download. You can download a free tool for windows that will verify the MD5 hash for you.

5. Reboot into Clockwork recovery CWM-Based Recovery v4.0.1.5.

6. Select "wipe cache partition" scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

7. select "advanced". then select "wipe dalvik cache" scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

8. may have to use back key to navigate to first tier of menus. select "mounts and storage" then select "format /system" then scroll down and select "yes" to accept.

9. may have to use back key to navigate back to first tier of menus. select "install zip from sdcard"

10. select "choose zip from sdcard" select the file you downloaded. agree or select yes for any prompt to proceed.

11. Once the installation is done then select" reboot the system now"

12. The first boot will take a while so don't worry unless you used a corrupted file or something.
    I am stuck on step 5. I downloaded Root Manager from the Marketplace. I hit "Flash CWM Recovery". It says Current Recovery: 5.0.2.5, which doesn't match yours. I selected "Reboot into Recovery", but all it does is reboot my phone and nothing happens?

EDIT: Yup. I needed the Bootstrapper. Working fine now!
    Last edited by Frankie15; 09-23-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Will wseyller's method format my Bionic?

Quote Originally Posted by BringItSon View Post
    Will wseyller's method format my Bionic?
    I copied it EXACTLY and my Bionic settings were exactly the same. Nothing changed whatsoever that I noticed. All my widgets/wallpaper/apps/settings were the same.

Version 1.3 HPSYS is here! Looks like enough improvements to flash over stock!
    "V1.3 HPSYS
    Full Overhaul
    Rebuilt it from the ground up
    Custom syscrt
    Custom init.d
    RAM Script
    SD Read Script
    Busybox Swiss Army Knife. Lol
    Filesystem Restructure
    Hard Flash of Clockwork on Install
    Hijack WIP
    Superuser 3.0 and Binary
    New maps
    New Adobe Flash
    Recompressed with ultimate compression
    Full PNG optimization
    Streamlined Framework, and SystemUI
    Added Advanced Voice dialing and HF Bluetooth
    1% battery hack
    Facebook Contact Sync With Pics
    Added Astro File Manager
    Minor Fixes
    I'm Sure I am Missing Something (Just Flash It)
    So much butter you'll need to call your doctor."
    )

Anyone have more opinions after using v1.3? I'm waiting for some more reviews before flashing this, thought I saw some had trouble with wifi over at rootzwiki.
    Thanks for the info!

I'm liking it. I can't wait until they kill off blur, it'll be so much better.

Thanks. No major bugs you've found yet, then?

The only thing I don't like about 1.3 is they changed the gray area under the bottom icons on the stock "blur" launcher to a black bar. It looks weird to me. Other than that I haven't found any new bugs but some of the problems that I had with stock are still here. 3G randomly drops every once in a while still. It sure is fast though!

is there a link for the stock rom?

i'd like to try this out but just in case. i'd like to have the stock rom handy.

would hate to install this and be stuck with it if i don't like it.

and what about the data usage monitor that verizon was so nice to install? handy tool for those of us on a lower cap level.
    Last edited by snowwy66; 10-01-2011 at 11:48 PM.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    is there a link for the stock rom?

i'd like to try this out but just in case. i'd like to have the stock rom handy.

would hate to install this and be stuck with it if i don't like it.
    Yeah I'm interested too...I want to be able to flash back if I don't want it.

Also...when I hold down the - volume key I get put into a fastboot or something instead of my recovery...

EDIT: Under Bionic Box it says return to stock? Would these be returning to the stock ROM?
    Last edited by KillerG; 10-02-2011 at 12:30 AM.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

looks like we need to load bootstrapper to get into recovery on the bionic.

once there. you can do a backup of the stock rom.
    Last edited by snowwy66; 10-02-2011 at 01:42 PM.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    looks like we need to load bootstrapper to get into recovery on the bionic.

once there. you can do a backup of the stock rom.
    I already installed the ROM, but I think I had already backed up some stuff before installing back when I first installed the Bootstrapper I'll have to check. Otherwise, can someone make a backup we can use?
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

installed it too. and went right back to stock. too many things missing and others broken.

I'm on 1.4 and there's nothing broken from what I can tell. Everything is running smoothly.

the marketplace wasn't working. had no way to open or uninstall apps. i think 1.4 was what i had.

there were some other issues too. i can't remember right off hand
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast