Delete factory installed apps?

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello I have just bought a new DROID bionic and like it so far. I traded up from. A blackberry. I was able to delete all apps that I didn't want that came on the BB ie city id, slacker etc. Can I do the same with my bionic? Also I have read a little bit about "rooting" anyone know how or what the purpose is? Thanks

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Poke around the Droid Bionic Rooting, ROMs and Hacks subforum. All the info you want is there. Short answer is, you do NOT want to delete "unwanted" apps.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
YES you can delete unwantede apps. but the phone needs to be rooted. and it requires an app called root explorer.

one of the threads has a list of the files that the general public doesn't want. i didn't know about this list untill after i deleted the apps i don't care for at the moment. will decide on the others at a later time.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
YES you can delete unwantede apps. but the phone needs to be rooted. and it requires an app called root explorer.

one of the threads has a list of the files that the general public doesn't want. i didn't know about this list untill after i deleted the apps i don't care for at the moment. will decide on the others at a later time.

sure you CAN, but be VERY careful... if you read through the threads the way anyone planning to root should, you'll see it's recommended NOT to delete anything, to either "freeze" them with Titanium or rename them and move them to your ext sd card.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks.

So i want to make sure I understand there are 3 ways to do kind of the same thing. Move an app, remane an app, or freeze an app?

If correct will all 3 remove them from my screen and will they no longer run?

Thanks

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Good thread. Got my phone rooted and backed up with TB. Easy app to use. I decided to freeze apps rather than moving or renaming them with root explorer. Seemed to work well.

I used the list above as a guide for what to freeze and not to. Only difference is in TB the names of apps and programs are labled different then the file ext listed above so I wasnt sure on some. For example cant really tell which are the ONEX files associated with the named file.

All in all happy with it so far. Thanks for the info and help.

Katunitsu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello Im new here, I need some Help. I loand a very trusted friend my asus memo pad 7 HD, he brought it back to me and told me his brother got into it because he thought it was him.

I got it back and it is now rooted and the download manager is deleted, google play services deleted, play store deleted, talk deleted, video editor deleted, and now it wont run any kind of play service and even when i re downloaded dounload manager, it downloads from the internet but not play store using the brawser, even going to play store via browser it freezes on only the play stor site only.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae