Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default How to change Android ID.

I have my Bionic Rooted and was curious how to go about changing my Android ID.

I have been banned from a few programs and would like to get past this ban and from what i understand is that it keeps track of the Android ID and therefore if i can change that I can bypass the ban.

There was a program called Change Android ID. However it is not compatible with the BIONIC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: How to change Android ID.

No spamming here at all.... But how do you get banned from a program, and what programs ban people?

Honestly curious...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Well...there are a few games out there that use the UID to determine if u are using multiple accounts.
    Then there is also the Shop Kick....it red flags you and you can no longer collect any of the free crap to earn gift certificates and stuff. Only way to get around it is to get a new UID to think its a new device.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I guess that means no one has figured out how to do this...

I am looking for this answer for another reason. My IT department has flagged my droid an an unapproved device for Outlook Exchange. I can use my e-mail program to spoof to an iphone and when I look at the phone details it spoofs Device Model, Device Type, User Agent but in the line device id it shows androidc7292xxxxx. Obviously I want to edit it to read anything but android. I want to get my corporate mail on my droid, but don't want to get fired for circumventing security either.

I rooted my phone but I have Droid X so the change device ID app doesn't work for me. I am looking how to edit thiem. I obviously want to know how to delete the word android :-)

ROM
    liberty v2 (bionic)

your IT dept isn't willing to allow an android device but iphones? that's pathetic...just talk to them most are willing to make exceptions...by the way i'm from and work in clifton park ny...

It is a large multi national corporation and they sent all users who had android's an e-mail telling us that we would be cut off on Dec 1.

Iphone and BB are approved because they have been tested to meet their encryption standards.. My app Enhanced E-Mail can spoof the device and the device software version but not the device id. There was an app that let you edit device ID but doesn't work on newer phones likd my Droid X.

The availability of apps like EE and Touchdown which let us bypass the stupid pin requirements the corporations want are probably harder to lock out in an open source os like android. Apple and BB control the code so I am not holding my breath for our IT folks to approve android anytime soon.

I'm just looking for where the ID is on the phone. It's rooted and if I could find the code that puts the word "android" in front of the number and replace it with like appl Like an I phone I could use my phone, otherwise I will have to carry two devices.