Is there a list of radios anywhere? Whichbis currently best?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
There is the stock radio which I assume is what she's running, an update with leaked OTA system 5.5.893 which updated both 3G and 4G radios, and updates 5.6.893 and 5.7.893 which each updated one of the radios, I think.

EDIT: Oh there's also a 5.8.894 update out there but I haven't seen anyone confirm if there's updated radios with it so I'm leaving that out intentionally.

You cannot just update the radios without applying the whole update because our bootloaders are locked.

And yes applying any of the updates will very likely take you off the "upgrade path" which means that whenever they get around to releasing the official update you'll have to wait until the dev community figures out a way for us leaked updaters to apply it.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
There is the stock radio which I assume is what she's running, an update with leaked OTA system 5.5.893 which updated both 3G and 4G radios, and updates 5.6.893 and 5.7.893 which each updated one of the radios, I think.

EDIT: Oh there's also a 5.8.894 update out there but I haven't seen anyone confirm if there's updated radios with it so I'm leaving that out intentionally.

You cannot just update the radios without applying the whole update because our bootloaders are locked.

And yes applying any of the updates will very likely take you off the "upgrade path" which means that whenever they get around to releasing the official update you'll have to wait until the dev community figures out a way for us leaked updaters to apply it.

Probably going to th3ory or liberty with her but didn't realize they had to have radios/kernels baked in only. Thanks for that info.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
You can update or downgrade the radio alone provided you have the signed radio update zip from Moto. I can confirm this. I think there is only one floating around out there and it's the downgrade to the original .886 radio provided you updated the radio in a higher number installation.

p.s this can be done without root.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
You can update or downgrade the radio alone provided you have the signed radio update zip from Moto. I can confirm this. I think there is only one floating around out there and it's the downgrade to the original .886 radio provided you updated the radio in a higher number installation.

p.s this can be done without root.

Also, I would wait until there is a full Kernel/ radio package. for .886 or .894 or what ever they decide to do. Alot of people who try to downgrade the radio and succeed then softbrick at somepoint during flashing. people are attempting to use recovery end up it a non recoverable boot loop due to issues with the old radio/ new kernel.

Just hang on for a week or so after the "official" release of ICS or the update which ever one comes. By then the dev's would have modified it to be flashable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay