Kin3tx by th3oryrom

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone tried this? What is it exactly? Stupid work got in the way of my obsession...

Sent from my [P]URIFI3D Droid Bionic

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Its not released yet!!

Lol it will be soon (tonight it looks like). He's posted some preview builds up on twitter for those who are brave enough to test something that isn't done and report back to him on any bugs they encounter.

Looks like it will be the new direction for the ROMs (Purity and Shift3r). From what he's posted so far it sounds like he's going back to that original Shift3r idea of having one base for blurred and deblurred versions, then letting the "Tpaks" determine whether you want to keep blur or have it stripped out. Should be exciting as I'm sure it's going to have some fun new tweaks and also I believe will be built off the 5.8.894 system :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got confirmation from DT that 5.8.894 was a system update only, no new kernal or radios.. Which means no stress for us as we can just flash the new rom and enjoy it without wondering how we'll update our kernals and stuff :)

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Boys and Girls, I finally had the chance to flash this last night, and let me just say... it is BAD ASS. Super fast, super smooth... ridiculous. Go get you some!

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I also flashed this on Sunday during the football games. So far its pretty smooth. The concept now is a layering effect. So you flash the main ROM ([K]in3tx v1.00) then you flash either Blur or Purified versions (I went with Purified this time) and finally you flash a UI (Xoom, ICS, etc). You can also modify things after the fact with downloads from the Bionic Box (I used the 1% battery mod which changes to yellow and green at the appropriate percentages).

Really a solid build. There have been some reports of problems with contact syncs and market downloads that I saw but I haven't experienced this. Only oddity is that it was trying to re-sync one app at a time from the market on first boot up... when I opened the market though it pulled them all like normal. Not sure if that is an 894 thing or not.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Similar or better I would say. My first run after flashing, before the ROM even settled, was moderate use, even some navigating and a good deal of web surfing/twitter/texting, and I actually got around 20 hrs out of it, I was shocked.

EDIT: standard batt

Ontonyx

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I loaded this ROM up on my Bionic and am loving it right now. However, I didn't know how to do any of the add-ons like less-blur and ICS...anyone know how to do that? I have been running just the ROM now for about 5 days.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sure - first, download whichever add-on (Blur or AOSP) and put it on your external sd. reboot your phone into recovery (Clockworkmod). Wipe cache and dalvik cache (under advanced) and install it from your sd card. Note that you can only flash Blur or AOSP add-on, not both... but then,

You can (and should) also download a tpak (theme pak) - IC3 is Ice Cream Sandwich like, Hon3yscr3am adds a little more flair... follow same steps above to flash those onto your device.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not on my comp right now but do a search on rootzwiki for theoryrom, read thru the entire OP for install instructions. Btw the links are down but peeps have reposted them towards the end, check most recent posts.

Sent from my Kin3txed Bionic with Hon3y