Updated and lost root? 1 click root is working

kmstr113

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
That worked Perfectly. Now what was it that caused root to be lost. I just got my Bionic Yesterday, Had it rooted about 4 hours later, and over night it lost root. very frustrating.

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Click the link and run it. If the 3 ppl right above you could figure it out, it can't be that complicated can it?

calm down there fido !!! it was a simple question that i figured out right after i posted ,keep your prick responses to yourself .
thanks to the others

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
calm down there fido !!! it was a simple question that i figured out right after i posted ,keep your prick responses to yourself .
thanks to the others

Prick responses? Really? I'm sorry, is the fact that I didn't add a smiley face after my statement making it sound like I was being a prick? You can't take someone talking to you like a human being without coming on here and being snarky? Someone who was doing nothing but trying to help you?

How about coming back and editing your question or adding something letting people know you figured it out? I get genuinely concerned for people who ask for help when I advise them and then don't hear back right away... isn't that prick-like of me? How about the 100 times a day I'm checking this beginner-level forum for the sole purpose of putting together advice and instructions for people who are lost and need assistance, just so I can feel satisfied knowing they were able to fix it and continue and I was able to help? Does that make me a "PRICK"?? Swear to god I'm done with this crap. Nobody appreciates a thing you do for anyone around here. No one does any reading or research or thinking with their own brains, they just plug away and demand help when they break stuff and then...have the nerve to call MY attitude pricky?

I'm not even angry, believe me, it takes a lot more than some snarky forum poster to make me angry. But I am definitely sick of the ungrateful crap on here and helping people who don't give a crap. Good luck everyone. Thank this guy.

TBarnhardt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
" You can't take someone talking to you like a human being without coming on here and being snarky?"

Yeah, because "If the 3 ppl right above you could figure it out, it can't be that complicated can it?" was totally not snarky at all....

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Suit yourselves, fools, but I can tell you from personal experience that 2DefMouze is one of the most patient and helpful folks on this and many other forums. He has helped me and many many many others with rooting, adding custom ROM's, unrooting, rerooting, OTA updates, etc etc.... so you might want to cut him some slack.

Especially since he started a thread for the sole purpose of helping folks who did the OTA update and lost root - not because he ran into this issue himself, but because he's a long-time member of this forum who saw others in need and ran to their assistance. This is what he does.

Chill out, and do what he says. Don't panic... read up, read the instructions, read them again, follow them to the letter, and you'll be good to go.

Sheesh.

Reactions: 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
LDubs that's very kind of you, thanks man :)

Anyway whatever I was tired and more irritated before than I should have been over one dumb remark. My original comment was NOT trying to be snark.. I've never used the tool in the OP so couldn't give instructions as i normally would.. But I saw the guy needed an answer and didn't want him to have to wait forever for one, so i was only trying to be reassuring that based on other's success he shouldn't have a problem figuring it out. If it came out as snarky or rude then that's just the "lost in translation" aspects of forum posting. I'm always polite and helpful on this board. And I didn't appreciate being referred to as a prick in any sense. But whatever. I'm over it, water under the bridge.

Last edited:

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Prick responses? Really? I'm sorry, is the fact that I didn't add a smiley face after my statement making it sound like I was being a prick? You can't take someone talking to you like a human being without coming on here and being snarky? Someone who was doing nothing but trying to help you?

How about coming back and editing your question or adding something letting people know you figured it out? I get genuinely concerned for people who ask for help when I advise them and then don't hear back right away... isn't that prick-like of me? How about the 100 times a day I'm checking this beginner-level forum for the sole purpose of putting together advice and instructions for people who are lost and need assistance, just so I can feel satisfied knowing they were able to fix it and continue and I was able to help? Does that make me a "PRICK"?? Swear to god I'm done with this crap. Nobody appreciates a thing you do for anyone around here. No one does any reading or research or thinking with their own brains, they just plug away and demand help when they break stuff and then...have the nerve to call MY attitude pricky?

I'm not even angry, believe me, it takes a lot more than some snarky forum poster to make me angry. But I am definitely sick of the ungrateful crap on here and helping people who don't give a crap. Good luck everyone. Thank this guy.

please explain to me how you were trying to help with the comment you made .. i see absolutely 0 help in that response ,it was just a disrespectful response to a simple question ..
now this guy "crspyjohn" who posted right after you with this response "Make sure you have the motorola drivers installed for your phone. Just run the runme.bat file and it should be good " ,that right there is what someone would call "Help " but apparently you have a different definition of "help" ..
im done with you fella ,just think next time about how your going to "help" someone .

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Read my more recent response and you'll hopefully see where I was coming from. If you don't, whatever. Not worth a dumb argument.

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
So, I did this method and it said I am rooted again. I forget what the next step is. I tried to run Titanium, and it said it cant get root. I have super user installed and active, along with bionic bootstraper. what am I missing?

and thank you specifically 2defmouze for your help on other matters.

Thanks.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So, I did this method and it said I am rooted again. I forget what the next step is. I tried to run Titanium, and it said it cant get root. I have super user installed and active, along with bionic bootstraper. what am I missing?

and thank you specifically 2defmouze for your help on other matters.

Thanks.

Your welcome :)

I've had the Titanium issue myself and just posted in the other thread on this... Sometimes you can just reboot and open Titanium, it will ask for SU permissions as normal and you'll be good to go. If that doesn't work you might have to clear the SU cache and data under settings>applications>manage applications>all, find superuser and clear cache and data. That just means for all your root apps you will have to re-grant permissions, but ought to fix the TiBu issue. Let me know how it turns out..

Reactions: bumpncarstereo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki