Best ROM

Otto45

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm going to root and flash a ROM on my new droid bionic here soon, but I was wondering which ROM you guys would say is the best for battery life and performance. I care more about the performance, but I want the battery life to at least be a little better than the stock ROM that came with it from Motorola.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have only put KIN3TX on mine. Battery life so far doesn't seem much different than debloated stock. But it is quick and smooth. I can't speak to any other ROMS yet, this one has been nice enough to keep me happy. I'm running the base, with the AOSP add-on, and HON3YSCR3AM theme. It's a gorgeous theme.

Tapped on my Bionic running KIN3TX.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Then again im thinking of trying eclipse. Just because.

Sent from my Kin3txed Bionic with Hon3y

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Then again im thinking of trying eclipse. Just because.

Sent from my Kin3txed Bionic with Hon3y

I had Kin3tx and I just switched to Eclipse, for fun. To me it seems just as smooth. It has some fun customization options, and on top of that, my UOT kitchen theme worked great with it. It wouldn't work when I was running Kin3tx. I'm not sure if it was because of the ROM or just something stupid I did. Either way, I've liked both Kin3tx and Eclipse so far. I wish I could remember what my cell standby was with the battery on Kin3tx, cause so far it's much lower with Eclipse than it was on stock.

sorli

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Like the reference images and I'm also using Eclipse, but may have gotten a compromised ROM and have been getting + sign message every once and a while from an app or something else running free on my Bionic. May try Kin3tx just to start over and wish Android managed holes in their code better. Either way, thanks and hoping for something clean and native soon. Sorli...

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Like the reference images and I'm also using Eclipse, but may have gotten a compromised ROM and have been getting + sign message every once and a while from an app or something else running free on my Bionic.

I got that, too. But I got it when I was on Kin3tx. I had to put Addons Detector on to see what was causing it. For me it turned out to be Bloat Freezer Free. So now I'm thinking I may just pay for Titanium Backup to freeze everything. I deleted Bloat Freezer and I haven't gotten any + signs or stars since then.

Reactions: sorli

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had Kin3tx and I just switched to Eclipse, for fun. To me it seems just as smooth. It has some fun customization options, and on top of that, my UOT kitchen theme worked great with it. It wouldn't work when I was running Kin3tx. I'm not sure if it was because of the ROM or just something stupid I did. Either way, I've liked both Kin3tx and Eclipse so far. I wish I could remember what my cell standby was with the battery on Kin3tx, cause so far it's much lower with Eclipse than it was on stock.

Nice work! Me likey.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Nice work! Me likey.

Thanks! :) I figured adding the screen shots would give people a better idea of the options Eclipse has. I'm really digging it so far. Especially the UOT addons I did. I'm not going to lie, I'm shallow enough to really care about the aesthetics of my phone. I love the color scheme and the battery gauge lol

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
KIN3TX with HON3YSCR3AM. Beautiful.

a6fa09f4-b46a-3113.jpg

a6fa09f4-b4b9-9ed5.jpg

a6fa09f4-b4d0-0a4c.jpg

sorli

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I got that, too. But I got it when I was on Kin3tx. I had to put Addons Detector on to see what was causing it. For me it turned out to be Bloat Freezer Free. So now I'm thinking I may just pay for Titanium Backup to freeze everything. I deleted Bloat Freezer and I haven't gotten any + signs or stars since then.

Interesting...I have Bloat Freezer Free because originally I didn't have the full version of Titanium Backup either. Thank goodness now I do and Bloat Freezer is just wasting space. Either way, the Addon Detector I'm using doesn't report Bloat Freezer Free as doing this type of behind the scenes stuff. Hmm....I guess some apps are trickier then others and it is time for it to go...Bloat Freezer Pop-ups that is.

Thanks for the suggestion...would have never realized it was causing my problems. Sorli...

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...I have Bloat Freezer Free because originally I didn't have the full version of Titanium Backup either. Thank goodness now I do and Bloat Freezer is just wasting space. Either way, the Addon Detector I'm using doesn't report Bloat Freezer Free as doing this type of behind the scenes stuff. Hmm....I guess some apps are trickier then others and it is time for it to go...Bloat Freezer Pop-ups that is.

Thanks for the suggestion...would have never realized it was causing my problems. Sorli...

No problem. Mine didn't show originally either, but popped up after I re-analyzed for about the 5th time. I deleted it just to check and like I said, so far so good! I hope you don't get anymore either cause those buggers are annoying.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
where do you get the add ons and the honey them i have the rom

rootzwiki.com/forum/264-th3oryrom/

The blur or non blur add ons are in the rom thread, and you'll see all the themes, HON3YSCR3AM is the one I like the best. Just read the flashing instructions. You may have to reflash the rom.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
-- make sure you download the base, add-on's and any theme paks (tpax) to your external SD card....how do i do this

If you download from your phone, use Root Explorer to move the files after download - long-click, select move, then hit the back button, select mnt\sd-ext and select paste

If you download from your computer, plug your phone in, wait until the drives mount on your computer, and then just copy and paste onto your external SD card.

idivorceyou

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
While I am on Kinetix 901 compatible, it appears that development is done for that. Thinking about Eclipse or Liberty. So for this forum topic, I was hoping there'd be more meaty comparisons of the various roms, hopefully by folks that have tried them all.

Also, if switching from one rom to another, what would the process be? say from kinetix to Eclipse?

thanks -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance