Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Newbie Here Trying To Root My Bionic

So I got my Bionic a couple days ago. Before this I've only been jailbreaking iPods and such. Well I tried rooting my Bionic (seemed simple enough) with several different programs, but they don't seem to work. SuperOneClick stopped at step 7 (waiting for device) and Pete's One Click wouldn't work either. Is there some sort of update that's preventing people from rooting their new Droids now, or am I just missing something? I downloaded all the drivers, etc.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Default Re: Newbie Here Trying To Root My Bionic

What system version are you on? In Settings, About Phone. Some OS versions are a little harder to root than earlier ones...also, what error message(s) are you getting?
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

This may be too simple a troubleshoot, but do you have usb debugging on? Is the usb connection in charge only mode?

Tapped on my Bionic running KIN3TX.
    beh

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

From my personal experience and what I have seen in these forums if you are running 5.5.893.XT875 on a previously UNROOTED bionic you presently can't root the phone. Hopefully the ability to root will be available soon.
    If I am incorrect I am sure there are numerous experts that will correct me.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by LDubs View Post
    What system version are you on? In Settings, About Phone. Some OS versions are a little harder to root than earlier ones...also, what error message(s) are you getting?
    I'm on .886.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonbarsinistr View Post
    This may be too simple a troubleshoot, but do you have usb debugging on? Is the usb connection in charge only mode?
    Yes, I have USB debugging on.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Okay, a little update. I returned to stock firmware, and did the following:
    Unplug your USB Cable
    Go to Settings > Applications > Development
    Uncheck USB Debugging
    Plug in your USB Cable
    Unplug your USB Cable
    Check USB Debugging
    Plug in your USB Cable

Ran SuperOneClick and I'm rooted!