bricked bionic tried several things

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
did the update couple weeks ago and returning bionic now so need to go back to stock(remove all apps and what not to return).

couldnt do format since there is no sim card in phone(in replacement).

tried rsd lite and got error and then couldnt boot phone
tried tried R3l3AS3DRoot_V2_Windows didnt work
One-Click Fastboot Restore didnt work

still cant boot phone, only recovery obv

no idea what to do at this point

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
now when i boot up it goes to ap flash and gives a flash failure message but when i startup with volume keys and go to normal boot it will normal boot.

KeithF40#AC

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
SOLVED

not sure why this worked but got a file called flashme.zip

decompressed the file and used the latest 5.6 rds along with the xml file that was in the flashme.zip and used ap flash and was able to flash the device. seemed like that was the same thing as using rds 5.5 and another zip file that has worked for me numerous times.

idivorceyou

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I believe you are referring to the miracle created by timmie10shoes. His method to restore a bricked bionic is brilliant. I wish I discovered it 4 bricks ago! But KeithF40 is correct. use the latest RSD lite v. 5.6, get the most recent moto drivers, get the flashme.zip and have RSD lite flash the included xml file.
it brought my phone back to .886.

However, as I had updated to .901, I had to go through some extra hoops when re-upgrading and rooting. I believe the creator of bionic pathsaver has a "901fix.bat" routine that very quickly and simply got me out of a cdt flash error after upgrading to 893 and using the released root script.