1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Freezing bloat?

Hey, I'm new to all of this, im just trying to figure out the best way to "freeze" the bloatware. Thanks!

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Default Re: Freezing bloat?

I would honestly go with Titanium Backup. I was using Bloat Freezer Free, but it was airpushing ads to my phone in the form of notifications on my status bar. It got pretty annoying so I ponied up the $6 for Titanium Backup.
    There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by DefectiveWeeble View Post
    I would honestly go with Titanium Backup. I was using Bloat Freezer Free, but it was airpushing ads to my phone in the form of notifications on my status bar. It got pretty annoying so I ponied up the $6 for Titanium Backup.
    Titanium backup does have a free version, but I'm not sure if it freezes apps does it? ES Task Manager lets me stop apps from booting at the start, which often gets rid of the notification ads
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Just buy the pro version. It's totally worth it.

Tapatalked from my Bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

can u post a link on how to freeze someting step by step using that, or is there a list that i can follow on what all should be frozen

Quote Originally Posted by angman619 View Post
    can u post a link on how to freeze someting step by step using that, or is there a list that i can follow on what all should be frozen
    Plenty of those out there

How to Root the Droid Bionic

You need to be rooted to freeze/remove bloatware. Get a program like Titanium Backup and its as simple as click and freeze.

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    Titanium backup does have a free version, but I'm not sure if it freezes apps does it? ES Task Manager lets me stop apps from booting at the start, which often gets rid of the notification ads
    The free version doesn't allow you to freeze apps. Also, I never even thought of using a task manager to stop it from booting and pushing the ads. I just wanted it gone by that point lol
    There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Depends on what day

I also used to use BloatFreeze loved it but it keeps disappearing off of Market so I bit the bullet and bought Titanium it is worth it once you start backing up correctly - reapplying 75 apps after I rooted and installed Eclipse took all of 5 minutes with Titanium Backup - and it held my place in each app that was awesome.

Freezing is nice once you get used to interface.