Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By turkeykilla
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Recover deleted apps

Hi everyone,

I accidentally removed some apps when I was trying to rename them to .old, after I rooted my bionic. I tried downloading them from the market but VZ navigatory gives me FC errors. I dont know if this will prevent me from getting OTA's in the future, so my questions is:

how do I get the stock apps back, if they are removed on accident, so that I can get future OTA's?

Default Re: Recover deleted apps

You will have to post a list of the apps your missing and one of your fellow Bionic rooted users can provide you with a zip of those missing files to flash to your device or push them manually via adb.
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Thanks Paul -

Here's the list:

NFL mobile.apk
    VZ Navigator.apk
    Kindle.apk
    Gotomeeting

Thanks.
    chrissie hills likes this.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something ICSy on 902

Stupid question but I take it you didn't have them backed up with titanium?

Tapatalked from my Bionic
    My Incredible is no longer incredible... Hellooooooo Bionic!

I came up with 3 of the 4 apps for you...

NFL Mobile you will have to look around for...

Bionic Missing Apps

Extract the zip contents, transfer them to your sdcard. Use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer (anything with root level access) and copy and paste these files to
    /system/app/

That should restore them, might need a reboot afterwards.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I forgot to do that, ugh. I should have done that to begin with, but I forgot. I was hoping someone has the .apk files downloaded somewhere.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post

Bionic Missing Apps

Extract the zip contents, transfer them to your sdcard. Use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer (anything with root level access) and copy and paste these files to
    /system/app/

I didnt see the vz navigator .apk in there.

Quote Originally Posted by hellandbionic View Post
    I didnt see the vz navigator .apk in there.
    I looked up the files you mentioned and VZ Navigator is linked to VisualizationWallpapers.apk

See the list provided here...
    Droid Bionic: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted
    Paul

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post

Bionic Missing Apps

/system/app/

I cant seem to move the NFL .apk as you suggested. Any ideas on how to fix it? I get an error that says its unable to be moved

Hi guys. I am a newbie both to the forum as well as Android world. I accidentally deleted a widget called Application Monitor. I think it comes preloaded to my android ice cream phone. Any possibility someone could send me that widget back?

Many thanks!

Would you be able to tell me how to recover lost apps. The one I'm talking about the is the system gallery.
    What happened was I was rooting the phone, and uninstalled the wrong app. Now I don't know how to get my system back to where I got it when I bought it, with all the apps on it.
    How to I recover a deleted system app caused by rooting? No, I didn't back up anything.

I deleted i go primo app in my car android screen.. And it was preinstalled when i bought it .. Now I can't find the path for it .. And I can't re install a new one ... Im new user with android .. Please help me