.902 root?

slcbtf

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Go figure...I finally rooted the Bionic yesterday and now the new OTA .902 came out. I should root faster, seems like by the time I get around to it they always release an OTA the next day or so.

Anyone know if it breaks root or if 1 click will work yet with the new update?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Use one of the tools available to set up forever root. One user on rootzwiki said they kept root on 902.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Every post on this says to get Forever Root.
Has anyone been able to root a phone at 902 that didnt have forever root?

I think this is the question that a lot of people will be asking.

I had my phone rooted, and did the update. Now my phone isnt rooted.
I really dont want to go through the problem of reverting, rooting, and upgrading.

Any suggestions

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried any of the existing methods? If none work then you're sol and have to restore back to 893 stock, root and forever root (eg use rota893 by realbbb) and then go back up to 902.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Eventually somebody will release a root method for. 902 none as of now though. Depends how bad you want root. I would personally. FXZ back and forever root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

studcookie

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
never-rooted .902 root procedure

Okay, so for a brand new never-rooted Bionic at .902 (my wife's), what is the most direct procedure to root as of right now? I'm a geek, but totally lost with all the new and old procedures floating around out there. I don't know what's obsolete or whatever.

I understand that I'm going to need to revert to an older version (.893, I think?) first. Will I lose all email, calendar, SMS history, etc? I get the impression that the answer is yes. Is there a way to backup that stuff up and later restore?

Then I use one of the procedures to root .893- fine I can follow those directions. Then I need to apply one of the procedures to apply forever root- fine there too. Then I upgrade to .902. I'm not sure how to force that to happen.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks! I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be coming here with a never-rooted .902 looking for answers.

mud.pony

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was so excited I got out of bed to do this root. All I can say was WOW! This was SOOOO quick & now I'm rooted again!!! I had everything ready to go, all I needed was the root & it took less than 10 minutes including booting up my PC & all!!!!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH copinli! This root was awesome! :-*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax