New Update / OTA w/ root ok?

FNETHAN

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Recently rooted my Bionic, then this new update is pushed out OTA. Can I install it OTA and my phone will still be rooted? Thanks in advance =)

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Do a search for forever root and make sure you apply that first. One or two folks have already confirmed that it works.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if Forever Root will work on my phone after I have updated it ?
And, where can we download the files?

HangnMoss

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Search the market for OTA Rootkeeper from Project Voodoo.

Install it, click 'Protect Root' and allow SU permissions.

Apply OTA, reinstall OTA Rootkeeper from the market, click 'Restore Root' and you're rerooted.

Can also be used to temp unroot for applications that refuse to install/run on rooted devices.

Haven't tried it on Motorola, but works great on HTC and Samsung.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am at 893 now rooted. I accidently clicked on the update and it now wants to download. I have the Data turned off so its just waiting for the data and it will download. I wanted to apply forever root before i updated. My question is If I have data off and plug in the phone and try and apply forever root will that cause any issues wit hthe root process?

jrgonz454

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
This is what I did. I just got a Bionic sent as a replacement and it came with with 893. Downgraded 886 because 4ver root would not work with 893. I got the 893 file through Path Saver. Path saver pushes 893 and 901. Only updated 893. I them did the OTA update. ROOT WORKS!!:):):):):):):):)

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I am at 893 now rooted. I accidently clicked on the update and it now wants to download. I have the Data turned off so its just waiting for the data and it will download. I wanted to apply forever root before i updated. My question is If I have data off and plug in the phone and try and apply forever root will that cause any issues wit hthe root process?

you can download it, it still wont install unless you tell it to do so. No having data off wont affect applying forever root.

FNETHAN

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried to update manually and it kept giving me errors due to me uninstalling all the Verizon apps, I had to re-flash back to .893 stock with all the stock crap, root, then update. This update is well worth the hour and a half it took me to do all this. Happy with this phone, very happy...902 is awesome (so far)

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that both the forever root, and the tether/hotspot hack still work perfect after update. I just defrosted my bloat and installed the update. Checked that everything was working, and ran Titanium Backup again to freeze the bloat once more. I did notice some new bloat, and that some things got renamed/changed a little, but after a little bit of figuring whats what I had it running perfect again.

Is it just me, but does the phone seem a bit quicker to response with this update as well?

.-=[CCM]=-.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that both the forever root, and the tether/hotspot hack still work perfect after update. I just defrosted my bloat and installed the update. Checked that everything was working, and ran Titanium Backup again to freeze the bloat once more. I did notice some new bloat, and that some things got renamed/changed a little, but after a little bit of figuring whats what I had it running perfect again.

Is it just me, but does the phone seem a bit quicker to response with this update as well?

.-=[CCM]=-.

Agreed. With 4ever root I applied the update and kept root and re-froze bloat with Titanium. It does seem to be a bit "snappier".

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to root, and not sure which way to do so, and have the new update. Can someone point me in the right direction?

If you haven't already, check out this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/bionic-rooting-roms-hacks/154518-902-root.html

There's a post in there about the new root tool that will root the stock .902, even if you haven't rooted before. It does work, many of us have used it. Just d'load, unzip the contents of the zip file, and execute the run.bat file.

With thanks again to forum member copinli for posting this here, here's the file:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

agent100usa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody help me? How do I know if my root : forever root or one click root?
FYI: I dawn load root software in my PC & click on rooted & the phone had 3 time reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital