Factory data reset loose root?

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
After some serious work I manages to get back onto the update path and restore root and finally update to .902 with root. Thanks largely to Bionic Path saver. Although I am confident I can get back to where I am now if need be, it was a slight pain.

I am having a few minor issues with some accounts and apps and was wondering if doing a factory data reset through Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset will loose root or not. It is my understanding that by doing this it will just erase all user data and take me back to fresh .902, if this is the case and I can maintain root, this is what I want. I can just re-install my apps and fix a few settings.
I know I can do a reset through the bootloader and it will take me way back to out of the box condition, but I don't need to go to that extent.

Thanks

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you will lose root. If you do, there's a tool here Security Research by Dan Rosenberg that will reroot.

btw I believe the factory reset from phone settings and through the bootloader are the same. When you sign back into your phone, after a few mins it will automatically start to download all the apps linked to your account.

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Thought I would provide an update in case anyone else is curious or comes across this in a search:

I did the factory data wipe as I described above, and after wards I remained on .902 with full root. after I re-downloaded all my apps and re-configured everything I am back to fully operational.
Also The data wipe was successful in fixing my random account and app issues. All is well now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781